Notices

Fighting back the demons

Old 07-11-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Never Again

Fighting back the demons

This is when it gets hard. Starting Day 9 today. Just returned yesterday from a fun and relaxing vacation with my 14 year old son. Dropped him at his mother's last night, and I'll be without him for a week. So now begins the 'every other week' battle. Just me, my thoughts, and way too much free time. This is when the walls in this house start to close in around me, and I have always reached for the six-pack to numb the senses. The drive home from work will be my most vulnerable time, when I'll be worn out and hungry. Many, many, grocery and liquor stores are accessible on the 30 minute commute. I will have a plan this afternoon, eating something healthy like an apple or orange before I head home. I will have a list of things to accomplish when I get home, but first I'll check in here with my SR family. Even in my short 9 days of sobriety, I know that this is how I want to live the rest of my life. I hate alcohol, and I never want it to be a factor in my life again. God bless you all, wherever you are in your journeys.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay you! Your determination is inspiring!
Old 07-11-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes you are inspiring.! I'm on day 24...It does get better.