Notices

First Chemical Detox

Old 07-08-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Chemical Detox

Hi all. I was just wondering as this is my first time having done a 5 day monitored librium detox (went on an almighty binge and did not eat for around 9 days and took myself too A&E when I decided to stop and the world went to hell (DTs) followed by an opt in librium detox(i choose too)
I know it has only been 3 days since I got out(in Fri-out Tues) but I keep losing my balance and my anxiety is THROUGH THE ROOF ... I was fine until I was on my own(staying with family for a few days but they have gone out) and now I am going mental anxious in case I try and hurt myself as my mind is racing... I have detoxed on my own(no drugs) before but this did not happen - does the librium not wear off by now or will my head be foggy (I keep forgetting to do things and almost falling over) for a while?

Thanks in Advance
SH
Old 07-08-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

I did librium detox and then went to outpatient rehab where I was drug tested regularly and it was still in my system for about a month after I finished. I would get in and see a doctor, may still be withdrawal symptoms and they can help you be more comfortable. I was really foggy for a while from the detox process itself, the body and mind take a while to straighten out. Congratulations on quitting!
Old 07-08-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. I suspected it might still be withdrawals I will leave for the weekend and if no better hit up my GP on Monday morning. I had never done it before and never thought to ask because I was foggy when leaving !!! I also have outpatient rehab and GP visits laid out.
I just feel insane... I have the windows open so I can hear voices on the street because it makes me feel a little less paranoid.
I have never felt like this before after withdrawing ... but then maybe it is the first time I let the cat out of the bag as well with family and such finding out how bad it had got ... 37 years of age and drinking 15 years (6 of which heavy)
I guess one day (or hour at this rate) at a time
SH
Old 07-08-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

About 3 days after my detox (was given librium as well) I couldn't remember how to get on the Interstate that I drove every day to and from work. I think it can totally affect your brain fora while. The fogginess will go away though! Don't worry too much about it.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The first 2 weeks are brain fog city! I locked my keys in my car,put a bottle of ranch in the microwave instead of the fridge, had to constantly check to make sure my shoes matched before I left the house,made rice a roni without the seasoning packet,dumb,dumb stuff! It passes though,thank goodness
Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better and I'm glad you plan to see your dr if these symptoms continue.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Slept in this morning and forgot it was a bank holiday here tomorrow
Anxiety is a killer at the moment ... emergency appointment on Wednesday morning.... 2 days of "arggghhh" and still brain foggy after 12 days for the love of God lol
Old 07-11-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
The first 2 weeks are brain fog city! I locked my keys in my car,put a bottle of ranch in the microwave instead of the fridge, had to constantly check to make sure my shoes matched before I left the house,made rice a roni without the seasoning packet,dumb,dumb stuff! It passes though,thank goodness
^^^^THIS! I made coffee and didn't put my coffee cup under the coffee coming out of the Keurig and left a seasoning packet out of something as well! I couldn't remember anything! Good for you on getting in to see the doctor