Graduation, Birthday's and the 4th.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Graduation, Birthday's and the 4th.

Been a whirlwind the last few weeks.

AD's middle daughter graduated. Got our tickets from AD and she managed for hubby and I to be moved away from her. Worked out perfect for me since I was dreading having to sit with her plus I got to be closer to my granddaughter than she was and give her a hug as she walked down the aisle.

Then before I knew it it was planning for the long 4th of July weekend.

Well, it was kind of an up and down 5 days. Since it was a weekend family always spent together at camp AD had been asked to come (if she didn't drink) and she chose to stay home. So much better than last year when everyone had to walk on pins and needles wondering whether it was crying time, laughing time, spouting anger at everyone time, etc.

All three of her girls (23, 18, and 13) spent the whole 5 days with us. Did them so much good and as the weekend progressed they started opening up about how horrible life has been for them at times. She's been trying to get money from them for bills she can't pay and making them feel guilty that they don't fall for it. As the rest of the family began breathing sighs of relief and telling horror stories of what they've all had to deal with I began to have all these feelings of guilt that we were talking so horribly about her. Her daughters didn't mind and came up with quite a few hair raising stories and were saying how nice it was not to have to see her and that made me feel even worse.
Kind of broke my heart.

Then AD's birthday was the 5th and it was so hard trying to find her a card without the sappy wording that would make me a hypocrite.
I did send her a gift card with it and told the grandkids that if she threw it in the garbage without opening it for them to grab it and enjoy.

Feeling kind of down that it's come to this and yet I feel like I can kick back and relax at gatherings. Grrrrrrr - guess I don't really know how I feel. Maybe tomorrow this will make sense.