Son walked out of rehab How does this happen

Old 07-05-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Son walked out of rehab How does this happen

I had to start a new post, my son in rehab 9 days decides today to call and say hes scared but he wants to call some of the extended places cause he knows he has to. I say ok I have some of them, he says I wanna do myself, ok you have to anyway I cant answer questions and your an adult.....mom ill call you back in alittle bit and get the numbers I don't have a pen and I will get you at lunch for information.... sounds good ...............next thing call from counselor your name of emergency list and he walked out not allowed to even be telling you this so sorry...

Really, that is it I know it isn't jail.........I run home practicing In my head what I have to say, that he cant be here omg why walk out he was so close to moving on to next location scared I guess or wants to use so not an adulty such a young man, my son I hate this disease
Old 07-05-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

again2016......this happens, commonly. Do not enable him, though.....
I am assuming that h e is over 18yrs.?

dandylion
Old 07-05-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

rehab is VOLUNTARY.

not sure why you HAD to race home? i know this is your son, but learning how to DETACH from knee jerk reactions to HIS every move will go a long way for YOUR sanity. you also get to choose just how INVOLVED you want to continue to be in all of this. he's made his opinion pretty clear about things............
Old 07-05-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry, it has to be very disappointing.

However, this is pretty common I hate to say. Breathe. Stay strong.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

then there are times I look to heaven and scream Why God Why did you have to have the female be the one that has to bear so much.. Babe all of us are on your shoulder your side and near your back.. sometimes you just have to let go and .. cry yourself to sleep... and again I scream to the Heavens Why God to the Mothers have to bear it all ... sorry.. know just what you are feeling. prayers from a Mom..
Old 07-05-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whoa....ardy!! Rough day here for this Mom whose B-day is tomorrow.....
Old 07-05-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Not letting him come home will give him the opportunity to discover the lessons consequences can bring. He made a bad decision, now he gets to live with the consequence.

I pray he finds his way back to rehab and a better path of sobriety.

Hugs from my heart to yours.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks for all the comments and support , I don't know how id function without this site. fast forward to I made a mistake called me within 2 hours and asked what to do I said call the center and see if they will take you back and they agreed. but if he got high they will kick him out tomorrow. Praying he didn't said he left at big 21 years of age over an argument with an employee at center. no one gonna tell him...blah blah.... so for tonight hes safe they said they are not sure if he was high or not but test will show until tomorrow I guess I made it known back here is not an option for sure I hope he was listening......................................... .......
Old 07-05-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
then there are times I look to heaven and scream Why God Why did you have to have the female be the one that has to bear so much.. Babe all of us are on your shoulder your side and near your back.. sometimes you just have to let go and .. cry yourself to sleep... and again I scream to the Heavens Why God to the Mothers have to bear it all ... sorry.. know just what you are feeling. prayers from a Mom..

thank you and back to you
Old 07-05-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Not letting him come home will give him the opportunity to discover the lessons consequences can bring. He made a bad decision, now he gets to live with the consequence.

I pray he finds his way back to rehab and a better path of sobriety.

Hugs from my heart to yours.

thanks ann! so much
Old 07-05-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I am sorry, it has to be very disappointing.

However, this is pretty common I hate to say. Breathe. Stay strong.
Thanks so much!!
Old 07-05-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
rehab is VOLUNTARY.

not sure why you HAD to race home? i know this is your son, but learning how to DETACH from knee jerk reactions to HIS every move will go a long way for YOUR sanity. you also get to choose just how INVOLVED you want to continue to be in all of this. he's made his opinion pretty clear about things............
Thanks and yes the knee jerk reaction is what I need not to do Race home cause I thought for sure he would just show up here than id have to do the whole you cant be here conversation but fortunately for this moment it didn't have to go this way............tomorrow will be telling
Old 07-05-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
again2016......this happens, commonly. Do not enable him, though.....
I am assuming that h e is over 18yrs.?

dandylion
yes he is 21 ... I don't want to enable him any more im thankful he called and they took him back
Old 07-05-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ardy View Post
Ardy, you have said a mouthful here. I know Dads can suffer too but mostly you moms.

God bless you all and extra prayers for you Again. May you have courage beyond courage and peace beyond peace.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Ardy, you have said a mouthful here. I know Dads can suffer too but mostly you moms.

God bless you all and extra prayers for you Again. May you have courage beyond courage and peace beyond peace.

thanks so much....I know dads suffer too....
Old 07-06-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My LO walked out of rehab after about 3 weeks - well, she went to go visit her boyfriend at his mom's, and didn't go back that night. She was shocked when they wouldn't let her in the next morning, lol.

It's frustrating, but your son isn't going to "get it" until he hits bottom. Each addict's bottom is different, but he won't hit bottom as long as you keep saving him. Limit contact if you have to - not because you hate him, but because you love him (sounds hypocritical I know, but trust me on this).
Old 07-06-2016, 06:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi All.. have a sight for Moms of military uniforms I chat with.. this is a huge problem with these young people too.. when did we start referring to the young people over 18 as kids.. the right to vote .. pay taxes and most make more money then I ever did at that age.. and its the kids.. nope ... its so hard.. was so afraid my son at 34 was loosing his path. and then he joined the army... so some of my fears went south.. it has been good for him.. prayers Dear Hearts to all of your families in these trying Days. of 2016
Old 07-07-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

cant believe they took him back when he asked. was clean when he arrived back in, said he just got scared, aka no one would pick him up....but non the less he is back in. asked for an extended center out of state to get best chance of recovery if the insurance will cover than that is what will happen....I do hate this disease and I told him he cant come back here it is not healty for him or me. I love and respect him enough to know he has to do this on his own. thanks again sr team.....you always provide me strength
Old 07-07-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi so glad to hear he maybe on a good path.. hold tight kiddo its a bumpy road called life.. love ardy
Old 07-07-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Glad to hear this!