Notices

I am done.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am done.

Yesterday I posted on how my longterm girlfriend and I had acquired a new place, and AGAIN, I shamefully urinated after getting blackout drunk. It's 11:20 am, I've just woken up & I'm sitting here with a 40oz. This will be my last drink.

I love drinking, everything about it, but I understand I am someone who cannot drink. When it comes to alcohol, I'm a bottomless pit. There is not enough beer to ever satisfy me. No last calls, my last call comes in when I black out, and pass out.

Fortunately, I'm only 25. I am realizing that dwelling on things that have happened (like urinating in our beautiful new living room) will only lead to guilt, and tons of more alcohol consumed. No one can change yesterday, no one, but you can definitely determine tomorrow's outcome by the choices you or I make today.

The girl I'm with would walk to the world's end, backwards if she had to for me. She deserves better, I deserve better. I'm a pretty smart young man, why should I dumb myself for a substance that, in the long haul, will lead me to a life spent lonely, and more than likely on a curb.

I'm going to enjoy every last sip of this beer, because it's my last. Wish me the best everyone, I am better than this way of living, and so are each and every one of you.

Godspeed, David.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Stains come out of carpets and will kill you accountable cleaning up the mess glad you have realised that you just can't drink print out both posts as an anchored reminder of exactly why you just shouldn't drink

My advice would be get to work cleaning and stick vigilantly to SR - join a class and stay accountable il Inc some links below

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-1-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 07-04-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi David, you are making an excellent decision. One that may save your life. As another member once put it...."if you're going to use this forum, use it". Meaning post as often as necessary to remain sober.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great decision.. but make a plan and get support. It won't happen on willpower alone. SR was very helpful to me, as was AA.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is not enough beer to ever satisfy me.

So maybe you should toss the 40 oz?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All I know for me if I started today with a 40 oz upon wakening I know the rest of the day is history. Especially on a holiday.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best..... I'm hoping now you REALLY want to quit more than you want to grab another 40. So if you have some left there, commit to it now and go pour them down the drain. Remove all the temptation there and spend some time today keeping us posted. We're all pulling for you.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I don't remember having the last drink - I think it may have been a beer? I don't know - it doesn't matter.

"Savoring" every sip of that 40 oz is just going to lead to more beer today, in my opinion.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to live with my boyfriend who urinated at the foot of the bed when he was drunk or the closet. If you take the alcohol out of the equation that doesn't happen. You are young and just wondering if you plan to have children? Please try to get and stay sober before you do. But do it for yourself. Now is the time. What other bad consequences have you suffered due to drinkin or using?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The boyfriend who used to urinate in odd places while blackout drunk....he drove drunk and ran off the highway and crashed into a tree about 5 years ago. He's dead now.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kissmytiara View Post
all i know for me if i started today with a 40 oz upon wakening i know the rest of the day is history. Especially on a holiday.
^^this.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
^^this.
yes. . . me too
Old 07-04-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Zero Nowhere

I hope you'll understand that starting the day with a 40 after you were so distraught yesterday is worrying some of us.

Savouring it is also a worry. You may very well be setting yourself up for sobriety to be a deprivation, and it's not - it's a freedom.

Do you feel the idea to quit is yours - or more for your girlfriends, or your relationships sake?

Not accusing - genuinely want to know what you think

D
Old 07-04-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I was done many times only to discover I wasn't. When I got serious about being done I got professional help, dedicated myself to working the steps of AA, and making systemic changes in my life. For most of use will power is not enough. What is your plan to stay sober?
Old 07-04-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

David - I truly hope the 40oz. is the end. It's only bringing you misery & regret. When I was 25 I still had many years to go before admitting I could never touch it again. I am still paying today for that recklessness. You don't need to suffer more pain. The bad times can become a dim memory. You're young & can reclaim your life - please do it.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I read some of your older posts and I gotta say you are very lucky that your gf is still with you.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How goes it today, David?