Notices

New here? Stay....... (please)

Old 07-02-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

New here? Stay....... (please)

It takes a lot to type and submit that first post doesn't it?

You come here and you check this place out. You may have already read a few posts as a guest and are surprised to see similarities to your situation.

There's a possible few reasons that made you decide to post. It could be that you're questioning your use of alcohol or drugs and if it's getting out of control. You might even be using right now. Or, you've woken up for the umpteenth time with a hangover and know that you had far too much to drink, maybe you don't even remember events of the prior evening. Maybe something far worse happened, a run in with the law or an enormous fight that occurred because of alcohol or drugs. Your situation could be anything from the first to the last situation that I posted or anywhere in between.

That first post is often the "I've had enough" post.

Here's a little up front information on what might come next. There's something to watch for, and most of us have experienced this. After you've entered the "I've had enough" post, as time passes, the depth of that post will begin to become less important. You'll begin to question if it really was as bad as you made it out to be. You may even try to ignore the fact that you posted. Please understand that this is the nature of this situation and is normal. Try to remember this and realize what's going on. These thoughts, minimalizing the problem and second guessing your resolve to quit, are all a part of addiction.

So right now, put a plan in place for when that time comes. Get back here and post. Don't ever give up. All those thoughts that you had when you posted are very much real. That was the true you, the person who deserves a better life and never having to feel that way again.

Please.........stay.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Very, very true. 100% accurate! Very well said LB. I came here MANY times and had had enough only to go out and drink more. Learn from the mistakes of others and don't let 2 or 3 years from now be the millionth "this is it, I'm done - I quit". Do it now. Drinking ALWAYS causes problems and NEVER solves anything.