Notices

depressed

Old 07-01-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depressed

Definitely do not want to drink.

I have been extremely depressed today, and yesterday, and the day before. I am just so tired of this. Meds don't seem to work. I have another appt. soon. Three and a half months should be long enough for meds and therapy to kick in.

Hope everyone else is having a good evening.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awww, sorry you are feeling down and out. I don't know what meds you're on (anti-depressants?) but not every Rx works for every person who takes it. I hope your doctor will have some answers for you.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

anti-depressant and anti-anxiety

Thanks for your support. I hope things work out with my next dr. visit.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there and you are right, don't drink it will only make it worse. Sometimes it can take so long to feel better it gets frustrating, then it comes

I hope you feel better soon
Old 07-01-2016, 07:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're down bluewaters. Maybe going back to your Dr is a start?

D
Old 07-01-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope things turn around for you.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nuts BW, that's rough. I'm an unwilling member of the depression club. I can have bad days or weeks and it really isn't fun.

Does exercise help you at all?
Old 07-01-2016, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It helps, but only if I am not too depressed to get out and do it.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel this way. I struggle with depression too. Some days are good and some days are okay and some days are just blah. I tell myself these feelings will pass as everything passes eventually. Can you think of anything you enjoy? Outdoors? Exercise? Music? Cooking? Food?

I have found over the long years that reading a good book is a good way for me to get my mind off worries, troubles, and blues. Another way to ease your own misery is reach out to others who are going through rough times that may have it ten times worse than I do...that sort of puts things in perspective for me.

I hope you feel better soon, bluewaters.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon bluewaters. Meds don't seem to work for me either but I know there are different ones maybe another one will work for you. I hope you get some relief soon.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Going to the library tomorrow. I love to read.

Thanks teatreeoil007!
Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning bluewaters, maybe you could pay a visit to the doctors soon. The library visit should help
Old 07-01-2016, 10:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluewaters View Post
Going to the library tomorrow. I love to read.

Thanks teatreeoil007!
I love the library! Enjoy... I'm starting new book tonight...called Undercover
Old 07-01-2016, 11:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi bluewaters.Yep,depression is the worst bit of recovery.I find being out of doors the most helpful at the moment,even just doing the rounds of friendly coffee bars where There are folk that I know.A guarantee of someone to chat to.Stay strong and take care.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry you're feeling down. It's good you are seeing a therapist, though. Have you explained to him/her how you feel? Have you talked about the depression and asked for guidance on how to reduce it? I found that when I did therapy I needed to be quite specific in talking about it in my therapy sessions. Then my therapist and I put together a plan of action to tackle the depression.

It felt a bit like a project at work or university where two people have a meeting at which they draw up an action plan which then gets implemented.

What didn't work particularly well was just saying to people I felt low or depressed because it tended to lead to them sympathising or empathising without offering any specific suggestions on how to change my mood.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
Sorry you're feeling down. It's good you are seeing a therapist, though. Have you explained to him/her how you feel? Have you talked about the depression and asked for guidance on how to reduce it? I found that when I did therapy I needed to be quite specific in talking about it in my therapy sessions. Then my therapist and I put together a plan of action to tackle the depression.

It felt a bit like a project at work or university where two people have a meeting at which they draw up an action plan which then gets implemented.

What didn't work particularly well was just saying to people I felt low or depressed because it tended to lead to them sympathising or empathising without offering any specific suggestions on how to change my mood.

The main focus of my meetings with my therapist is the depression. It has helped.
We even tried EMDR. That was rough.

My problem is that when I stopped drinking, all of these suppressed feelings came to surface over my mother's death 3 years ago. And when I say came to surface, I mean it was like being hit by a freight train morning, noon, and night. The panic attacks were awful! They have gotten better.
Old 07-02-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It can take time, and often times it takes many tries at different meds to find the right ones that work for you.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:32 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

For me I was told I might have a bit of trial and error when I first started anti depressants find what feels right you & stay in regular contact with the Dr I was having either weekly or fortnightly apts when I first started to keep track & let my dr know it has helped me a lot
Old 07-02-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi bluewaters, I'm sorry to hear you are depressed. I understand all too well, I have suffered from it since I was a child. Fortunately, it is managed and has been for a number of years. The others are right, sometimes it is trial and error to find the right one. Just a quick note to add, it is also important to find the correct dosage as well, which sometimes require adjustment. One more thing is the class of drug. I took an SSRI for a number of years, but discovered that I actually needed an SNRI, which has worked very well (after a couple of dosage adjustments). Everyone is different. Glad you are going back to your doctor.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes it takes some time to find the right antidepressant and the right amount of it to help you. I had to try a few before I found one that worked for me. I know it's hard, but don't give up.