Just a little update

Old 07-01-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a little update

So around this time last year my AH left our home to go and live in his parents leaving me to care for dd on my own. Since then he has been having a blast, has been on about 6 holidays, partying every weekend and going on his benders mid week... Well it seems that there are also consequences to your actions as he has now lost his job a good one at that where he had to answer to nobody but himself hence the reason why he was getting away with his little drinking benders for so long!

He is in arrears on child support and has also lapsed on his half of the mortgage which he is still liable for (while currently off on another holiday might I add). So where is he now... well... he is now living at home with mommy and daddy with a failed marriage and a little girl he could care less about and now he is unemployed.

For so long I felt so hard done by like I was the one who was falling apart while he seemed to be on top of the world (and he still acts like he is). But it just goes to show how it progresses over time.

As for me... well... I have good weeks and bad weeks but compared to this time last year I am really happy with myself at least at night I can close my front door and I am not waiting for him to come home if he comes home and not wondering what state he will be in or if he will go to work. I have peace finally and you cannot put a price on that

He still makes me very angry as he thinks its funny how he destroyed our marriage and does not have one bit of compassion for me or dd. That I will never understand... how you could sale through life after causing that much hurt and pain and not even have the slightest bit of guilt.

But overall the saying is true time is the best healer and time takes time