Notices

This will be my last Day 1

Old 07-01-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This will be my last Day 1

I was on day 4 yesterday, but I drank beer and laid out in the sun. I kept telling myself all day, this will be the last time, tomorrow is July 1. Well my family has been out of town all week, and they come back today. That will help me a lot this weekend. I'm glad I didn't overdo it, so not sick today, just feeling the guilt and anxiety that comes along with it. Thank my lucky stars I didn't do anything too stupid and regrettable. But yea, July 1 is here now and thats day 1 for me. I can do this. The July 4th holiday and my birthday are both coming up this month and I want to be sober! I will be 34 years old, I am a mother of 2 beautiful children, I want this sobriety NOW MORE THAN EVER!!! I WILL SUCCEED!!!!
Old 07-01-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Determination is a good start, but what are you going to do to make this time different to all the other times Bronzie?

D
Old 07-01-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Determination is a good start, but what are you going to do to make this time different to all the other times Bronzie? D
Dee74, thank you for responding. There is an AA meeting today at 11:30 I will attend. I have never been before, but I am not nervous to go. I live in a small town, so we don't have a lot of meetings, but we have some. And I will keep reading and posting here. That's all I know to do right now.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good start Bronzie - let us know how you get on

D
Old 07-01-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Let us know how the meeting goes, Bronzie! Wishing you the best today.

I also suggest joining and actively participating in the Class of July 2016 thread found on this same forum. It's a great way to learn from and help others who are newly sober. My own class has been the foundation of my recovery this time. Day 111 for me.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Maybe try getting a sponser at the meeting ?
Old 07-01-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're getting back on the horse bronzie! I was a ball of nerves when I went to my first AA meeting. But it was not bad at all.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 07-01-2016, 08:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, thanks everyone. I didn't make it to the meeting, the day got away from me, I got busy, I have a little toddler to take care of. But it's almost 9pm here and I made it thru the day without drinking. I had a bad craving right before lunch (I was hungry) went away after eating. Another strong craving around dinner time, and my boyfriend just being as rude as always didn't help. My irritability is high, but I'm starting to feel calm now. My family is coming home in the morning. They are at JFK airport, flights are being delayed and cancelled because of the tornadoes. I am ready my oldest daughter to be home safely! Don't know how I am gonna sleep tonight with all of that going on! Thanks for all the supportive messages!