Notices

Out of the blue.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Out of the blue.

Hi all.Hope you are all doing well.Was hoping to check in here wirh a really positive post.I was having a really good morning in the town where I live,with one of my sons.He came to stay with me yesterday lunch time and has just left to catch his train.Anyhow,an hour ago a severe tension head ache then anxiety attack came on out of nowhere.I was just sitting on a bench waiting for my son who was in a shop.The pain of the headache made me see double.I took some deep breaths then paced up and down and managed to regain some composure.The earliest I can get to see my doctor is July 8th as a non emergency appointment.I just cannot take the physical pain of these random headaches.My Dr surgery will see folk the same day if it is an emergency.I didn't want to have to take prescription painkillers but I cannot handle this level of pain.Thanks for listening.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

If a headache was that severe for me, I don't think I could wait for an appointment, I would go to Emergency.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I get migraine headaches. Don't know if that's what you have but I doubt you will take prescription painkillers for headaches (or you shouldn't, I don't believe). If your dr offers that as a solution seek a second opinion. There are tons of meds out there for migraines/headaches that aren't habit forming.

What over the counter meds have you tried?
Old 06-28-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

migraines and anxiety and panic attacks suck.

I'm sorry you're going through this.

May you remain sober and strong regardless, and may you find relief soon.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
I get migraine headaches. Don't know if that's what you have but I doubt you will take prescription painkillers for headaches (or you shouldn't, I don't believe). If your dr offers that as a solution seek a second opinion. There are tons of meds out there for migraines/headaches that aren't habit forming.

What over the counter meds have you tried?
Just paracetamol.My town doesn't have a hospital.I am in England,small town with no hospital.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you enjoyed your visit with your son. I would think seriously about going to the dr or ER.

I also get migraines and I have found that otc meds help, as long as I catch it early.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Madbird View Post
If a headache was that severe for me, I don't think I could wait for an appointment, I would go to Emergency.
Hi Madbird.Well my Dr surgery agreed to see me as an emergency an hour ago.The Dr gave me a prescription for strong anti-biotics,just incase My head aches are the result of a sinus infection or something.I told her that is doubtfull!Will take them anyway as theres only one weeks worth.She said it will be a process of ilimination when it comes to head aches.I refused any opiate type painkillers.Also told her that I am nearly 6weeks sober etc.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you saw your doctor Jojay - I hope the Drs right and the antibiotics helps.
D
Old 06-29-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.If the headaches are from an infection of some kind,It will be a relief!Will definately take this course of anti-biotics.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you feel better soon bud
Old 06-29-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Hope you feel better soon bud
Thanks soberwolf.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best