Notices

New

Old 06-26-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

Hi. Not happy to be here. Certain I am not the first or the last to feel that way. I have a drinking problem. Binge drinker, a couple times a week. Hubby has told me that he has had enough. So, I found you and here I am. BIG sigh....
Old 06-26-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome summer. Actually, this is a great place to be. Lots of really good support and we've all been where you are and understand. Read around and don't be shy to post.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're here. I hope you are ready to stop drinking. You will find lots of support and information here.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna. I admit that I am not ready to quit. I like it. I know I have a drinking problem but I don't believe I am an alcoholic. I know I should be doing this for me. For my health. Not just for my marriage. But I am. Sigh.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to meet you, SBS. We all understand just how you feel. Taking this first step & admitting you need to stop is huge. Talking things over here helps with the anxiety you're feeling.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Originally Posted by SummerBlueSky View Post
Thanks Anna. I admit that I am not ready to quit. I like it. I know I have a drinking problem but I don't believe I am an alcoholic. I know I should be doing this for me. For my health. Not just for my marriage. But I am. Sigh.
You don't need to label yourself as anything. But if alcohol is causing problems in your life it's time to take a close look at what benefit you're getting from it. There's actually a great life to be had without drinking.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi SBS. Welcome. I'm having a 'sigh' moment too. Ya don't want to quit.....what to say? But you have to for the hub. Is that gonna work?
Old 06-26-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I didn't want to quit either. Didn't know what I'd do if I didn't drink. Turns out, I can do anything I want to do, and do it better sober. And I'm not waking up feeling awful and hating myself.

When I first got sober, I did it for my dogs and cats, to take better care of them. But now I'm doing it for me.