Selling to keep his own addiction going

Old 06-24-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Selling to keep his own addiction going

I had to start a new thread. I have had a great deal unravel to finding phone numbers calling endlessly enticing my addict to try new stuff, new arrival etc only to find out helping to get it to another man to help keep his costs down. I am sick at this point I don't know my this person, my son , so lost in this addiction to the point of putting me and sibling in jeopardy.....im scared at this point, thankful he agreed to do inpatient and is currently in black out but....things
coming out with his phone..i had to throw it out I cant take it anymore. I know he can have 5 numbers the second he gets out but damn it made me feel better, childish but better for 2 seconds. this disease is painful.... I go to meetings I visit here I do what I need to but didn't know I had to protect myself from this level of potential danger. I know I am just babbling now but I do think some things happen for a reason. this new infor will enforce the words that Home is not an option, you are an adult and this
is not safe for you or for me.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry that you're scared and in pain. I will pray that this inpatient treatment is successful for your son.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

now it s time that blackout is done and he calls to say hey Im good im thru detox wanna get back to work I have to find strength today to tell him that I support his recovery full inpatient recovery not 5 days and done
God find me some stength for this talk
Old 06-26-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im struggling today because I know this is gonna be such a long ride. I have to tell my son he has to continue his therapy or his dad is gonna call cops on him for stealing how do I say this? what are the right words? I am scared these people he owes money to know where he lives, I want him safe and fighting is his recovery but I feel if he stays in this area they will come after. has anyone dealt with this before?? Please any thoughts or words of wisdom?
Old 07-03-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

those are things HE is going to have to figure out......not you. it's not your job to navigate his recovery, or set things up so he can be successful. if he has committed crimes, well he needs to face that. if he is still involved with addicts and dealers, he'll have to figure out how to extricate himself.
Old 07-03-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have to tell my son he has to continue his therapy or his dad is gonna call cops on him for stealing - personally, I'd just say it exactly like that. You remind me of how I used to be back when my sister first started to go downhill, and I was walking on eggshells because I didn't want to "scare" her further in addiction. Now? I'm raw as hell. I've learned that no matter what I do, she'll find ANY excuse to use if she really wants to. Hell, the sun being too bright is a good enough excuse to get high for anyone who really wants to, lol.

As scary as jail seems, it can actually be a positive for those who are deep in addiction. It gets them out of the area and they're under watch.

Protect and take care of yourself FIRST. I cannot stress this enough. No matter what you do, your son will do what he thinks is best for him. You can't save him, but you can save yourself.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am protecting me now and getting help. Having two loved ones in active addiction, is more than I can take some days but I still have a little one so there are no options but to let go let God and protect my little one and me......thanks for the posts for sure.... As a mom of two it takes all of me to get up and move forward..........................................
Old 07-15-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

two sons....both in rehabs separate states....one mom hurting like ive never felt before....two? both trying and they know this house is never an option but im mad sooo angry at the universe whomever and everyone... I go to meetings I go to work but im angry as hell....I can pretend all day long that I am ok but feels like part of my soul was taken away stupid I guess....love them so much...know I cant do anything .................letting go detaching............but im still angry just needed to say this my heart hurts