Notices

Those weeknd cravings

Old 06-24-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Those weeknd cravings

We all know this story, the sun's out, you finished work,its a lovely evening and the thought of a drink hits you slap bang in the face, you try to fight it but are finding it hard!

Why is so much harder over the weekend than it is during the week? I have noticed this alot recently , it really gets to me.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Your addiction is making the association between drinking and having fun on the weekends. In reality, if your drinking was "fun" you wouldn't be seeking sobriety. If the thoughts have turned to cravings it might be because you've been entertaining the idea of drinking, that perhaps your problem wasn't that bad and perhaps you can resume "normal" weekend drinking.

Unlikely.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this & play the mental tape of your drinking when it's got to the seeking help point brother

We have the weekender thread here & chatroom mtn tonight 9pm est or you could go to a f2f mtn aa smart etc

Know it will pass and youl strenghten your sobriety by doing so each & every time

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

No matter do not drink & you won't stick it out with us you don't have to do it alone nor are you brother
Old 06-24-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hate it too...Usually at quitting time on Friday, I couldn't get to the liquor store fast enough. And was excited to have the whole weekend to drink and do absolutely nothing else.

It is definitely hard not to "romanticize" it on the weekends.

I agree about playing the tape though. I am on Day 5 and the hell of Day 1 is starting to fade. But, I have to keep playing that tape over and over and over and over and over and over so I NEVER forget what Day 1 is like EVER again.

Hang in there
Old 06-24-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can so relate to this. And I get so frustrated because all week I went through the monotony of work and life etc. looking forward to the weekend - and then on the weekend I end up sitting at home fighting the urge to drink and obsessing!!!! It's HORRIBLE!

HOWEVER - I have been sober for a significant period of time in the past and I can tell you it DOES get easier. It gets better - way better - to the point of drinking thoughts almost never showing up.

Time is the only solution I've found. Which is never the best answer for an alcoholic who constantly wants instant gratification - I know! Lol.