Notices

Day 2

Old 06-23-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

My husband has just left me due to a drink fueled argument (me being drunk not him) There is no way back, but I know I have to stop drinking now. I gave up in 2003 for 4 years, there was no reason for why I started again, but it has been the biggest mistake of my life. Feel ashamed of it and worried that is going to prevent me from staying sober. But I can't use that as an excuse. I need to stop. Looking for a little support from you guys. Thank you
Old 06-23-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your situation and your husband leaving. It's so true that we can use these very low moments to propel us forward and give us strength. But, we have to be careful that we don't stay in the misery for too long because it can bring us back to drinking.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi JG
Old 06-23-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome.....I'm so sorry for your situation but you'll get lots of support here.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your situation. The shame in the first few days, to weeks of recovery can be really tough. But if you let it prevent you from sobering up you'll just lose more, and have more shame, in the long run. Basically, ya gotta go through it to get to the other side. Really focus on doing the next right thing...try not to beat yourself up too much. Doesn't really help anything to do that. Good luck.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! There is so much support, understanding, and knowledge here I hope you take advantage of it and continue to post and read around. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.

I am sorry that things have kind of hit a breaking point with your husband. You can pull yourself back up and regain your the type of life you deserve to be living. Maybe it would help to look back at what you did last time you got sober and find what was lacking this way this time you go into this even stronger than you did the last time you were in recovery for 4 years.

Do you have a support system that you can lean on emotionally and just be able to call or spend time with if you are having a hard time?
Old 06-23-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. Took me ages to find a support forum. When I started drinking again it was REALLY only an odd social glass. The last 2 years have been really hard, deaths and stuff. Set me off on anxiety attacks etc and the drinking increased. Guess they are excuses but .... I honestly don't know what I will do without him in my life and to be honest right now I am worried that I won't be able to get through this without booze. But I know if I drink, I will flip out and do something that will only make matters worse (if they could be any worse). No real support and really just need a hug from my husband.Thank you again all of you
Old 06-23-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We are sending you a virtual hug here. Keep posting often. I hope and pray you find some peace and friendship here xxx
Old 06-23-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Virtual hugs here. You can do this. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and charge ahead, JG!
Old 06-23-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I posted this reply to you on my thread, but I wanted you see it so I'm copying on your thread.

JG62 I am so sorry that you're going through that. My husband has had me arrested and kicked out of our home before as a result of my alcoholism, as he should have, so I do realize how blessed I am this time that I reached out in time. We were definitely going down that road again, though. I think in the past month he's slept on the couch more than in our bed after my drunken "logic" has caused me to start fights with him...

I know that if God brought you and your husband together, than there is always hope. It may not look how you think it should, and reconciliation may take longer than you want, but always, ALWAYS have hope.

I'm on day one myself, so maybe we can check up on each other and stay motivated?? If I can do this, so can you.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Ambuler - that would be fantastic
Old 06-23-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm only on day four and I already feel better physically and a lot more hopeful. I agree, if God brought you together, there's still a chance.

We are all here for you. Take it easy.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sorry for what brought you hear, but there is an upside. This is an entire social circle of people/friends here to accomplish the same thing. Stop drinking, which almost always leads to a better quality of life and higher self esteem.