Notices

Tianeptine withdrawal cold turkey

Old 06-20-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tianeptine withdrawal cold turkey

The Tianeptine withdrawal process is at day one, I went from taking over a 1.5 grams a day in four hour increments to having nothing, I'm so irritable I can't hold my tongue I've become raging and a worry wort. Body starting to sweat uncontrollable amounts and getting severe hot flashes and cold chills and feeling extremely anxious and somewhat delirious like a cannot function or concentrate properly, need to move legs and body constantly, cannot sleep at all. Day two is awful feeling every flu symptom x200 everything from aching body to weakness to stomach cramps headaches feverish chills and hot flashes constant I can't find A normal temperature, I have taken nothing to help the pain,going to by kratom to help combat feelings and try to sleep without sneezing and coughing uncontrollably. Tianeptine withdrawal is at the three days Mark. I'm shitting uncontrollably, dry heaving and my body still aches everywhere, feeling delirious and nauseas. Stuffy runny nose, flu symptoms, headaches, restless legs and body everything aches and my stomach is in constant knots , anxiety and depression at all time highs. Still cannot sleep more than 1-4 hours without waking in pain , need this to stop asap. It hurts all over and I can't take it anymore by i have to make it through, was prescribed 50mg seroquel to take twice a day,also bought Imodium, ibuprofen and kratom to help we'll see how it works by tomorrow.
Awoke on the fourth day 6am, still feel achy and very ill and drained and have a pounding headache but that might be from the kratom and seroquel and lack of sleep and liquids, I slept for 4 hrs straight though from 2am to 6am which is an improvement. My restless legs are subsiding a little bit seems like everything is at half of what it was. Except my weakness and body aches which are still present and prevalent . I am very cold and then very hot still. But still less than yesterday, will check back in afternoon. Still need to try and sleep more. I awoke at 11am from the most vivid dreams and again feeling aches , pains lethargy, anxiety and overall drained needing to run to the bathroom from diarrhea. Still sweating crazy amounts and hot and then cold and very irritable. I can't stomach much food but I'm hungry. I do have pretty severe cravings for tianeptine right now and I have a package coming that is the reason why I went through withdrawal was from the ups messing up my ship dates a while back. I believe God intervened for a reason and made it so I would have to deal with this withdrawal and feel the pain on my own. I am tempted to take the couple of grams I ordered a while back when it gets here just to make myself feel "normal" again and to have some energy and open mindedness but I am terrified to feel these same withdrawals again plus I don't wanna lie to my wife. The time is 11:30 and it hasn't arrived yet and I am still going through semi heavy withdrawals, still unable to fully focus, it's taking a lot out of me just to write this on my phone. Hoping things get better and knowing I can do this if I put my mind to it. Pain is temporary and weakness leaving the body. I feel like a zombie but I agonizing pain with constant flu symptoms and restless leg x50 now. It's slowly getting better with time and fluids.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Is your dr supervising your tapering and detox?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Is your dr supervising your taperings and detox?
Yes Anna I have to see him Thursday he has helped as much as he can but since Tianeptine is such an unresearched drug in the US it's hard for him so I've just been dealing in my own with the godawful withdraws
Old 06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, I have read some pretty horrid stories (this one included) regarding this "supplement". I feel for ya. May I ask if the benefits are worth the potential withdrawals you are experiencing?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, you're doing great. Stay strong and maybe get someone else to pick up your package so you don't have to handle it.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't think so

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi, I have read some pretty horrid stories (this one included) regarding this "supplement". I feel for ya. May I ask if the benefits are worth the potential withdrawals you are experiencing?

I really haven't found another compound out there from adrafanil, phenibut, phenyl paracetamol any other racetam I've tried that can even come close to how amazing it really makes me feel personally. The euphoria and calmness and empathy and it opened my eyes to beauty I had previously been missing. It's almost the exact same feeling of a hard opiate but with energetic qualities and no nodding(unless you take the amounts I was) I personally wouldn't say the benefits outweigh the withdrawals and only because the withdrawals literally feel like hell is releasing itself from your brain and body and it takes everything out of you. I wouldn't ever wish this process on anyone and if anyone out here is thinking about taking it definitely use caution and abide to the minimum amounts because it immediately binds to your opioids receptors and very tightly grips them. You don't want to deal with the withdrawal process. I loved the benefits but hate the withdrawals. Hope that helps
Old 06-20-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Well, you're doing great. Stay strong and maybe get someone else to pick up your package so you don't have to handle it.

I actually picked it up from the porch I opened it and closed it right back up and left it on the counter for my wife to dispose of. Using my willpower to my best abilities
Old 06-20-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Rea woke on 4th day at 12 with everything back from chills to sweat to flu symptoms(stuffy nose,sneezing,cough,headache pounding) stomach aches and am hungry but getting nauseous at thought n smell of food, restless legs are back for some reason. My shipment of Tianeptine arrived around 12 and I almost took some but I held my ground/willpower and didn't give into the extreme temptation of feeling much better "right now" with the help of the same thing that's making me feel this way "right now". I am going to rest some more and try and play a game of watch a movie to relax. I can't express my discomfort or pain fully in words it's unlike anything I've ever experienced before.
This seems and has been said to be Worse than any pill withdrawals, cocaine, alcohol, coffee, heroin, OxyContin or any other opiate/drug. If I had known the severity of adverse reactions I would've never taken the doses I was for the time that I was. I'm not a normal drug user or abuser. I found Tianeptine gave me peace of mind and always kept me level headed no matter what situation arises. It made me more empathetic and sympathetic and kept me focused at optimal levels while on it. I could speed read while taking it and comprehend anything that i read in a matter of minutes. Then again I have a somewhat higher and faster brain functioning and cognitive functioning to achieve a cognitive resonance than a lot of others so that part might've been a placebo effect. I STILL felt amazing when I took it and horrible when I didn't. It overloaded my brain with serotonin and dopamine and attached to my opioids receptors which made me content no matter what the environment or situation. I will find a way to achieve that and access that part of my brain naturally so I do t exhibit these symptoms ever again. I miss the "T" like anyone would miss something that made you feel like a million bucks times 10, but I will NEVER EVER EVER go through these withdrawals again!! I will not put my body or my family through that draining and painful stress ever again, it's not worth it. I can do this, i can beat this and I will train my brain to be high on life, just like my wife!!
Old 06-21-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

wow, thank you for sharing this. I've never claimed to be the smartest guy in the room, and have read a bit about this drug as I no longer take my oxycodone for my injury. But after hearing your story, I wouldn't touch the stuff. Oxycodone withdrawal is not bad if you taper properly.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had never heard about this drug and just did a quick google and wow from the description to what you have described is SO DIFFERENT. They really make it seem harmless, yet they always seem to down play the effects of a drug don't they?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, my DOC is heroin so I can relate a lot to the withdrawals you are experiencing, although at points in your description I would venture to say you are experiencing more severe withdrawals then I did coming off of a 300 dollar a day IV heroin addiction. You are doing great though, being able to get that package and not take it is AMAZING. YOU CAN DO THIS AND OVERCOME THIS!

Have you been diagnosed with any mental illnesses? You don't need to answer if you do not feel comfortable, but being diagnosed with bipolar type 2 disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and depression allowed me to finally get on the proper medications that I needed in order to function properly without taking illegal drugs or just excessive amounts of legal ones. I only ask because you mentioned being able to see beauty and that you became more empathetic. Basically I said all this to say that a psychological exam with a psychiatrist that specializes in addiction can be beneficial.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just stumbled upon this thread. I too am suffering from tianeptine addiction right now. I know how the withdrawals are and I'm terrified. I want to taper, but I'm such a compulsive person, it seems almost impossible. Each and every time I feel any anxiety or depression (which is often), I redose. It seems my willpower has escaped me (not that I ever had much). Don't know if you will be able to respond, but was wondering are you doing well now? I'm up to 3-4 grams a day here and I'm a very small person, so that's just a ridiculously high amount. I must taper. The times I did run out (because USPS or UPS messed up), I always got it within a day of withdrawals starting.

How long does the pain last? It was the RLS and the insomnia that is unbearable to me. I need to quit, but I also can't just stop life for 5-6 days. I have responsibilities, but I need to stop this ridiculousness!

A little of my story: I was addicted to opiates for a couple years, then suboxone to stop that.... Was on suboxone and got into trouble for mushrooms.... am now on probation, so I started using tianeptine because probation doesn't allow suboxone and I can't risk failing a drug screen.. It's been a year and a half and this stuff is really changed me as a person. I want my old life back, the old me back before any of this madness. I could be driving a brand new car with the money I've spent on this mess, not to mention the damage I'm doing to my body? (not sure I want to know) Well, hopefully you will see this and tell me you are doing great now and tell me I can do it too. Reading your posts gave me hope though and for that, I'm grateful.

I'm new here and I hope I haven't broken any rules. Peace!
Old 11-17-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just checking - how are you doing? Did you remain sober? How long until you felt better? It seems like your last update was Day 4
Old 11-17-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LostEarthling View Post
I just stumbled upon this thread. I too am suffering from tianeptine addiction right now. I know how the withdrawals are and I'm terrified. I want to taper, but I'm such a compulsive person, it seems almost impossible. Each and every time I feel any anxiety or depression (which is often), I redose. It seems my willpower has escaped me (not that I ever had much). Don't know if you will be able to respond, but was wondering are you doing well now? I'm up to 3-4 grams a day here and I'm a very small person, so that's just a ridiculously high amount. I must taper. The times I did run out (because USPS or UPS messed up), I always got it within a day of withdrawals starting.

How long does the pain last? It was the RLS and the insomnia that is unbearable to me. I need to quit, but I also can't just stop life for 5-6 days. I have responsibilities, but I need to stop this ridiculousness!

A little of my story: I was addicted to opiates for a couple years, then suboxone to stop that.... Was on suboxone and got into trouble for mushrooms.... am now on probation, so I started using tianeptine because probation doesn't allow suboxone and I can't risk failing a drug screen.. It's been a year and a half and this stuff is really changed me as a person. I want my old life back, the old me back before any of this madness. I could be driving a brand new car with the money I've spent on this mess, not to mention the damage I'm doing to my body? (not sure I want to know) Well, hopefully you will see this and tell me you are doing great now and tell me I can do it too. Reading your posts gave me hope though and for that, I'm grateful.

I'm new here and I hope I haven't broken any rules. Peace!
Hi Lost earthling - are you still using? You and I are in almost identical situations. Terrified.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Greetings I am day 4 off of this evil demon

Hello
I am on day 4...I quit cold turkey using Kratom, Gabapentin and Tramadol...
I tried once before using nothing, and couldn't take it on day 5...this time has been a walk in the park...I use the Kratom during the day, and I use the Gabapentin and Tramadol at night to help me sleep...

I am coming off a 2 month 5+ gram a day habit...the difference is, instead of the tianeptine sodium I switched to the sulfate, and that helped tremendously there at the end...I tapered down to 1.5 grams before I jumped off to my own cocktail...I am sure that I will have Kratom withdrawal, but they are so much easier to deal with, and my doc gave me enough Gabapentin and Tramadol to see me through both...Bless her heart...how long though, do they last...there seems to be no definitive answer to that, I have heard as little as 48 hours to a month...do any of you guys have that information???

I am an alcoholic/addict and am no stranger to withdrawals, my DOCs being Oxys and alcohol...so I know true withdrawal... Tianeptine made that withdrawal look like Easy Street...I will never return to this, because I meant what I said. This drug is a demon...it makes you feel everything you want to feel, but if you resist...it will destroy you...

Last edited by lilsquirrley; 09-06-2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: I have more I want to add
Old 11-04-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bostonpilot View Post
Hi Lost earthling - are you still using? You and I are in almost identical situations. Terrified.
I know it's been years, but I stumbled on this post again, and wanted to reach out, to see how you were doing. Hope you beat this! I'm still in the same boat, but I'm reaching a breaking point.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Lost Earthling

by 'breaking point' do you mean the point where you decide to stop?

D
Old 04-05-2020, 03:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

On day 6 withdrawal

Hey guys, I know none of you have posted in a while, but I wanted to let you know how much you all have helped me not feel alone. You probably won’t see this comment but I really appreciate you. All these years with this tianeptine habit.... and I told almost no one. And I got so tired of being a slave to tianeptine that I quit. I havent been making much progress in life and that’s because I’m an addict who’s life used to revolve around this stupid devil of a drug. I just got so tired of it I had to quit. Now I’m on day 6 and the RLS is mostly gone, but I’m still taking gabapentin as a crutch to help. And I only take it when I really need it. I also have the shakes pretty badly all day, my anxiety and depression is to the extreme (I feel like someone keeps pumping adrenaline and caffeine into my body and not in a good way), I still have stomach problems like acid reflux and other stuff, nausea sometimes, aches and muscle cramps, overall tiredness and lethargy, sneezing and watery eyes sometimes, insomnia, and Feeling cold. Hate it. Wish it was over, but I don’t care how long it takes. I am just so happy to be FINALLY quitting this crap!! Every time I have a negative thought, I think, “once the agonizing withdrawals are over.... I won’t have to wake up with withdrawals in the middle of the night, I won’t have to carry it around everywhere, I will have more motivation in life, I will be more productive once I feel better, I won’t be a slave to a drug anymore, and I’ll be so proud of myself. I already am. Can’t believe I’ve made it to day 6. I haven’t been sober for that long in a long time. If you ever think about giving up, don’t. It’ll end. The pain won’t last forever. And once you get through it, you’ll be so proud of yourself!!!
Old 04-05-2020, 03:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR sealgirl and congrats on day 6

D
Old 04-05-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you!! 😊 how are you doing? How’s your recovery going??
Old 04-05-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 days. Sounds good . I have never heard of this drug before but I hope you are able to prevail.