Notices

ello everyone :)

Old 06-19-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ello everyone :)

ok so i thought id check back in with u all - seen me through my early days here and im forever thankful, sorry i havent been around in a while!! anyway, i havent drank since early january now and still have not had a sniff, nor (believe it or not) have i been hit with desires or cravings to drink! obviously made me wonder if i really do have a problem or not but whatever im happier without it and living hangover free is truly a gift in itself! so heres the deal, i told u guys my relationship with the wife was on the rocks (shes been living away since jan but we were never officially broken up or anything) - well i thought she wanted space or whatever which i gave her and i backed off (11 years weve been together) - anyway she really killed me on friday night, like ive NEVER been hurt more in my life by anyone or anything than i was on friday night....we had a very jealous relationship both of us wer as bad as each other and were both well aware of this fact. so friday night without my knowledge she went to a male strip show called thunder from down under haha and the little bitch reactivated her facebook account, which was dormant for over a year, and posted a pic with her all over 5 shirtless male strippers!! she reactivated it specifically to do this to hurt me - well it worked and i went snapshow when i seen it. i couldnt beleive it and still cant. when i seen it my ears started ringing and my vision went black and i literally thought i was going insane on the spot....i get it was a fun ladies night out and obviously nothing to worry about, but you dont understand the dynamics of our relationship and she knew doing this would cause me immense pain. she also knows im 'battling my addiction' so why on earth would she do this to me?? strip clubs were out of the question during our relationship and shes gone and posted that (who would do that ive never seen anyone post something like that let alone my wife!!). anyway i didnt drink and it didnt even cross my mind to drink so am i cured or what LOL - anyway safe to say me and my fam went thru hell on fri night, tears and heartache and i really was in a bad way but shes gone and made herself look so stupid and evil to the whole world even her friends called her on it and told her straight up that it was stupid and a bitch move! ill try stop by a bit more often and help other struggling as i was back in Jan, i owe u guys so much and im so thankful u were there for me....anyway my point is at least now i know what direction to move in and i know exactly where i stand with her which i didnt since Jan, so i can really start healing now - my only fear now is COMDOMS!!!! arrrgggg i hate them so much hahaha.

thanks for reading and hope to hear more from u all!!!

good luck in recovery, ur friend for ever!

Bill
Old 06-19-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back and congrats on your sober time. The relationship sounds unhealthy to me from both sides whathaveidone...I hope you'll choose to move on from it.

D
Old 06-20-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear your wife did that to you. Sounds like you are doing the right thing and rationalizing it the best you can and maintaining sobriety. Hope you get peace soon.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe it's time to file and change her status to ex-wife?

Glad you stayed sober over it Bill--
Old 06-20-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm glad you didn't drink. I hope you take a breath and don't give her the power to make you feel this way. A good idea would be to remove her from your friends list. I'm assuming she's still on it and that's why you saw it when she reactivated.

Probably not appropriate to say but the best revenge is to live well. If you don't feed the dragon it will eventually go away,

Don't let this get in the way of the good work you're doing.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you didn't drink.

I don't know your relationship but that kind of rage, no matter what is going on, can catch up to you. I know that all I can do is work on myself and learn better coping mechanisms when life throws me a curve ball. I suggest examining just your side of the street and leave hers to her.

Congrats on 5 months.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

She is no good. Sorry but that's the way it is.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

absolutely solid advice as usual guys, really appreciate it - i was the lowest id ever felt in my life on friday night and i didnt turn to alcohol so thats a small victory for me i guess - u are right, ill remove her right now was thinking about doing that in work today - and youre right, she is no good which i realized finally on friday night aswell, the girl i was with would NEVER have done this to me in a million years....safe to say the wife i knew is dead and gone - as for that status, ill get that changed....sooner the better and ill have done with her....thank god there are no kids involved, but i will lose time i cherish with my dog and that sucks
Old 06-21-2016, 02:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are in a much stronger frame of mind to move on which is a good thing. A new and sober chapter in your life may be the best thing you ever did. Good luck friend x