Notices

Moody

Old 06-19-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Moody

I've been extra cranky today. I don't know if it's because I'm 24 days sober or what. Also I feel like I don't have a damn life anymore. I want to have fun and hang put with people or start dating but I can't.. all my friends drink. But damn I'm bored as hell and just want to have some fun. This so sucks, I'm pissed off. It's summer and I'm sitting in the house doing jack.
Sorry but I'm being honest no more suger coating
. Ughhhh
Old 06-19-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi toni

yeah it's really tough to 'hurry up and wait'. Rebuilding a life takes time tho, and so does finding people to be with who better reflect the life you want to lead.

Did I read somewhere you're going to AA? that would be a great place to meet new people?

D
Old 06-19-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hey tonib. You're still in early recovery and your emotions will be all over the place. Just try to observe them and let them pass. I'd kind of say to myself "isn't that interesting" and let them go. Boredom is also something you'll be able to let go. There are lots of things to do that don't include drinking. It takes sometime to realize that as alcohol was kind of your go to in the past. Don't look at it as never having fun without drinking but as being able to have fun without all the negative consequences. It really will get better.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there.... Remember no one said this would be easy. The mood swings are all part of this. You should start feeling a little better soon, just remember (unfortunately) this will come and go for a while. You're doing Great at 24 days! Maybe one of your friends would feel like ice cream on a Sunday night.... Can't hurt to ask!
Old 06-19-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was very moody in early sobriety. It takes a while but things really do get better.

If you have nothing to do, why not volunteer some place? It's a great way to give back to the community and meet some new people.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think the honesty is good, Tonib. As was said above, just feel it and let it pass. I get myself in trouble when I add to whatever I'm feeling the judgement, "I shouldn't feel this way." One thing you can always count on regarding emotions: they always change.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're not alone! I'm moody as heck. Some days I'm hopeful, others hopeless. Some days I'm pi$$ed off, other days I'm grateful. I'm learning to get up and do something when sour moods hit. Go outside, mow, weed, ride bike. Something. Also, I understand what you're saying about drinking and the summer. I'm @ home watching a basketball game with my kids. Could have went to the lake and watched the game and cooked out and had a few drinks with friends. Instead, we're at home having a different kind of a good time. You're not alone.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenLifter View Post
I get myself in trouble when I add to whatever I'm feeling the judgement, "I shouldn't feel this way."
You have no idea how much this insight helped me right now...this has been my biggest problem during my first few sober days. Not trying to hijack the thread but seriously, I'm cementing this into my brain as we speak.

Carry on.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Carry on!
Old 06-19-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

We have good days bad days & mad days esp so in early recovery the important thing is how we react & you came here and said how you feel

To me ToniB you are more awesome than you know x
Old 06-20-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
But damn I'm bored as hell and just want to have some fun. This so sucks, I'm pissed off. It's summer and I'm sitting in the house doing jack.
Fun is not going to coming knocking on your door and ask if you want to come out and play. You are going to have to take some action. Now that you are sober, you will have to rethink what fun means. It doesn't mean drinking and it doesn't mean hanging around drinkers. But there are still countless things you can do.

And congrats on 24 days.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this! I totally know how you feel!
I am sure the main reason I keep relapsing is due due boredom. . . I get fed up doing other stuff alone while my friends are having a drink somewhere! Please stick with it. . . 24 days is great. . . I hope I get to 10!!!
Old 06-21-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things now Toni?

D