A giggle and a heartbreak...

Old 06-17-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A giggle and a heartbreak...

For all of the other things they did, I have to say this positive for my addicted brother and sister-in-law. Despite the fact that they'll use almost anything, they never took any of my current meds. And I think that's kind of amazing because I'm on some highly abused stuff. My brother commented one night "that pill you're taking is worth $15 on the street." But he never stole any of them.

However, I have started noticing some of my older meds (I don't throw away until expired in case the same thing is prescribed again, being chronically ill is expensive) that are almost empty when I know I didn't empty them.

One bottle, whose instructions read "take as needed for pain" is definitely much lighter than it should be. But it isn't a pain pill, really. It's those numbing pills for your urinary tract, which I received after surgery. So, at first, I actually laughed at it. "What are they going to think when they're peeing neon orange?" I thought.

But, then I thought... where do they pee? They've been without water or electricity for weeks... and the heartbreak eases right back in.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My son once stole my hormone pills, thinking they were Tylsnol 3s...I had dental surgery but hid those pills. I confronted him and told him that he would grow breasts. He believed me and checked every day for a month.

Sometimes karma is sweet.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Laughing!!! Thanks. It does help to have a sense of humor even if it is a bit dark.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh goodness! That IS sweet.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

LOL....that is hilarious, you all!!

I can remember a time when stuff could stay in the medicine cabinet, over the bathroom sink....for years....Nobody would have ever t hought to take something.....
Now, nobody can ever not have their meds hidden away..practically, under l ock and key....
I actually heard of a visiting home care nurse who regularly stole drugs from the homes of the sick that she was visiting!

I once had a neighbor who like to take anything he could get his hands on---to augment his alcohol...lol....
I had a retriever dog who would bring something..anything, that she could find lying around to someone who came in the door.
This guy "dropped" in to our house....and, the dog grabbed my husbands ordinary blood pressure medicine bottle anc came with it in her mouth....
He nearly broke a leg getting to her to grab it o ut of her mouth.....
I took the bottle from him and told him that he couldn't get high off of those pills.....
He kept begging me for "just a couple" of them....!!
After that, he kept asking me if my husband had "any of those pills"
That guy was a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dangers of drugs don't seem to mean a thing to pill addicts....

dandylion
Old 06-17-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
My son once stole my hormone pills, thinking they were Tylsnol 3s...I had dental surgery but hid those pills. I confronted him and told him that he would grow breasts. He believed me and checked every day for a month.

Sometimes karma is sweet.
Hahaha! I almost choked on my lemonade!
Old 06-17-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
After that, he kept asking me if my husband had "any of those pills"
That guy was a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dangers of drugs don't seem to mean a thing to pill addicts....
Oh my! My bp medicine is actually fluid pills... I can't imagine combining them with alcohol!
Old 06-18-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You don't want to know about my cat's worm prevention pills, samples that the vet gave me in a little envelope to try for a week to see if my old cat could handle them.

Let's just say that with all his problems, my son never got worms.

WeakGirl, you brought back some funny memories that only a mother of an addict could laugh about. Thank you.
Old 06-19-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm glad that it brought you a laugh! We have to laugh where we can.

I actually got into a little back and forth with someone the other day that went something like, "I'm such an enabler that I..." and we had a good chuckle.

For example, I'm such an enabler that I... once took someone else's drug tests. :P