Nlp

Old 06-16-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nlp

This is probably slightly off-topic but has anyone here ever done an NLP course and if so, did you find it useful? I've come across a few people who have done them and they seem to be very positive people so I was going to look into it to help with my somewhat negative head!
Old 06-16-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ok, i'll bite.....what does NLP stand for?
Old 06-16-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Years ago...I got sucked into doing a training course in order to PRACTICE it....I had been doing training in hypnotism.....so, I thought...why not?
I dropped out of the training course.....it was just too vague and "wispy" and ethereal for me.....

At o ne time, years ago, it was all the rage....but, over time, it didn't live up to expectation and so it has been pretty much discarded by most ....although, I believe that there is still a small group of devotees to the practice.....

You will have to make your own decision, of course...but, that is the extent of my personal experience....

dandylion
Old 06-16-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
ok, i'll bite.....what does NLP stand for?
Neuro linguistic programming. Which, from what I can gather, is a fancy sciency title for something that's supposed to make your thoughts and speech more positive. I could be wrong about that though
Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Years ago...I got sucked into doing a training course in order to PRACTICE it....I had been doing training in hypnotism.....so, I thought...why not?
I dropped out of the training course.....it was just too vague and "wispy" and ethereal for me.....

At o ne time, years ago, it was all the rage....but, over time, it didn't live up to expectation and so it has been pretty much discarded by most ....although, I believe that there is still a small group of devotees to the practice.....

You will have to make your own decision, of course...but, that is the extent of my personal experience....

dandylion
Yeah, I was looking it up online and it all seems to be training courses to become a teacher, which is not really what I was looking for. I had a life coach years ago who in a lot of ways was very helpful but was also a bit "out there". She swore by it. I wasn't really convinced but sometimes the negativity in my head is a bit too much.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. Good to hear other people's experiences of it.