Notices

Sweating...

Old 06-14-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety is an adventure.

Sweating...

If I sweat like crazy whilst drinking (even if I'm not drunk yet), does it mean my body is struggling to handle the alcohol?
Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It could be. Maybe you should consider not drinking and seeing a doctor? I think your post from back in February would be of bigger concern than your sweating though

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...alcoholic.html
Old 06-14-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is an adventure.

I'm here to seek help, but I now feel like I'm being judged...
Old 06-14-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That post from Feb is pretty alarming. Are you still drinking? If so, what has changed from Feb to now?

I doubt anyone here is judging you, have you made attempts to quit? Or are you still waiting on the fail safe scheme to quit for good? I hate to break it to you but there is no such thing. It takes work, determination, and the desire to quit.

You can do it if you really put your mind to it, and if that is what you really want.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would get cold sweats , hot flashes ,burning sensations , tingling sensations .
After thorough blood work and a good examination from the doctor they found no underlying conditions and put it down to severe anxiety made worse by drinking alcohol , detoxing with benzo , drinking alcohol ,detoxing with benzo .The nervous system is taking a pounding along with every other system . It takes time sometimes lots of time for all of this to settle down so long as you dont drink .
Were all here to help , Scott is not judging hes trying to point you in the right direction .
Old 06-14-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

NewJourneyStart, your post in February is heartbreaking and all too familiar. So many of us have been there and know all too well how dreadful alcoholism can be.

I would suggest that you see your GP as soon as possible to discuss your drinking and a plan for recovery.

There is an SR thread. regarding the importance of a plan. I'll post the link to it for you in a minute.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Here is the link, NewJourneyStart:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 06-14-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by NewJourneyStart View Post
No one is judging you at all. I'm simply trying to indicate that you most likely have more serious problems with your drinking than sweating. As I mentioned, you'd need to see a doctor to confirm if your physical reaction to alcohol is indeed due to damage to your body, we cannot evaulate your medical condition here.

But from your post history here it seems that drinking is a very, very big problem for you- would you not agree? We are all alcoholics too and we understand what it feels like to be there - and there is a way out.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Even we are not drinking at the minute, our bodies are working to process it and sweating is a common side effect. For heavy drinkers, especially large amounts daily, our bodies are never rid of it. Even after we stop, it takes months for the physical, neurological and all functions to function normally again.

In four months I have gone through major sweating, tremors, cramps, incontinence, shkws, nightmares, joint pain....all because my body has been adjusting to the absence of alcohol.

Unpleasant? Yes. But this is what we go through, whatever our specifics are, and it is worth it on the other side and for the fiture.

You are worth it.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewJourneyStart View Post
i'm not even going to read that past post brought up in your face - i can understand how you feel...it's about today