Biggest quack ever....

Old 06-13-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Biggest quack ever....

Seriously y'all-I am such a different person now. I even read things differently and my BS detector goes off...

I was cleaning out old archived emails and found a gem from my ex...background: he invited me to a work trip with him years ago-was very excited to get away. Last minute decided I should not go (even though other spouses were going). He bought an international calling plan and promised me (and his daughter) he would call every night. He did not. My daughter did not get to speak to him once while he was out of town-he would shut off his phone and just not call-even on his birthday when I left him voicemails and emails that his daughter woke up excited to sing happy birthday to her dad-he didn't call and she spent the night crying. When I completely went off on him for hurting her, his response was his trademarked "oh, get over it-it's not a big deal". So, when I sent him an email re unconditional love being a hallmark of abusuve marriages and that he was making marriage wrecking choices, his response was as follows (and I can't believe I didn't see the narcissism, lies, denial, manipulation, when I got this almost three years ago!!!):

goodness, (insert my name)....I would never do anything to wreck my marriage. I am sorry I didn't call as often as I said I would. I tried to catch you on your way home when I had a chance. You are my life and the best thing that has happened to me. You gave me the most beautiful daughters in the world. I love you more than you'll ever know. I know that I am terrible at showing it, I guess I should get better because I obviously make you feel like I take you for granted. I am so happy to be coming home. I miss my girls and their mother.

About a week after this he got drunk and slurred to his sister that I was a bitch and was crazy. Also stood up his own daughter on family movie night, preferring to get drunk and call his sister. I sometimes wonder if she had to vet all the emails and texts bc he couldn't think for himself or make a decision?! Just had to share-I am able to read it now and all I hear is QUACK and my BS meter is about to explode. Seriously....what a crock of crap he is! And I bought it for so long....just totally full of crap! Literally! Look at his lovely words-supposed to cover all the abuse.

Anyway, just thought i would share how much you change when you start thinking and seeing things clearly vs how you want them to be.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amen! It's only when you take the rose colored glasses off that you see the true person!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do not want to steal your thread, but I do want to make you laugh.

Here is my ex's quack: Why don't you come and spend the night? You can sleep on the sofa, and I'll sleep in bed.

I mean, WTH???

Run, run and do not turn back and burn all the bridges down!!!
Old 06-13-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I used to hear all the time how the sun rose and set on me.
I guess it's been an awfully dark world since that quit happening.....
Old 06-13-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

^^
HAHA!!

May the bridges you burn light the way!

Old 06-13-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"Oh my goodness, FOG"... You might want to add CONDESCENDING to his utter BS!! SO happy you're now in the sunlight!!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh yes, refiner , condescending is an understatement. I've seen his innermost true person and he truly thinks of women as second class citizens-his mask is that he respects them.