Notices

was doing good.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

was doing good.

I had a week under my belt but then I worked with a guy who ended up buying the crew beer at the end of the day for the ride home and I caved..so of course first thing I did was I went out and bought more and then more the next night. I ruined my weekend again just laid around all day yesterday feeling like crap of course. So here I am back at day 2 I need to take it more seriously cant let it happen anymore no peer pressure... But im persistant that I can do this im not giving up. Tonight after work im creating some kind of plan that will work for me and stick to. Ive been at this for way to long now . I know I can do it I just have to put in the work . Ive seen it in many post before you need to change ur whole life style . You cant live the same life and expect to become sober.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

A excellent idea would be printing out this post and keeping a few copies in case your AV tries whispering in your ear
Old 06-13-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, you need some kind of a plan. The stakes are too high to fail.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took a course, actually twice on Mindfulness while in Detox, the short of it is to play the tape through, If I decide for example to buy booze, based on my own experience where did that lead to, I think we need to ask this question every time we have the thought of drinking to keep the AV at bay, tweak our plan and carry on until we get it.

All the best
Andrew
Old 06-13-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I teach a drug unit in our health education classes at a school I work at and I always say to students to have a response in their "back pocket" that they can pull out whenever needed as far as turning down a drink or a drug.

It took a little time and practice, but I'm really vocal now about saying no thank you or I'm in recovery.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Seems like temptations got you this time. I was at day five first time trying yesterday. Went to the mall to get myself dinner with the cash i saved from not drinking. I went straight through the alcohol section without any craving affecting me to get some. It's just yourself that is allowing to be brought back do day 1. Just erase that from your head and push forward in life.