Notices

Relaxing in more healthy ways

Old 06-12-2016, 12:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relaxing in more healthy ways

Yestarday was a rough day. I had an exam (I have an A grade woohoo) and a very long tired day. In a way home I was thinking how usualy I would go home and after that I would go out to drink at a bar (starting at home) to chill?? I would drink to relax and to takes all worries from my mind? To celebrate? Alcohol is energy in credit and in a next day I would feel like ****.... with headache and feeling terrible..
How is this relaxing? If you feel tired to get a drink and feel even worse after...It looks soo meaningless to me now.
Instead I take a bath, have a good meal, meditate, relax with music and watch my favourite movies or shows.
I decided to have my time alone when I'm tired or if I was under pressure for a long time...Just to get back to normal and eliminate cravings.
So happy still being sober
Old 06-12-2016, 01:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent post I loved reading that congratulations on your A grade
Old 06-12-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome job on your grade! Your new relaxation techniques sound great. I'm on the lookout for good (preferably free) meditation options. Omvana is an app I should use more often...thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree with the meditation. I use to think it was all hokey, but it does help quiet the mind. I really can't sit still for longer than 10 ish minutes without my mind wandering. I would be curious to know other apps or you tubes that peeps use!
Old 06-12-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bringm32lif30 View Post
Instead I take a bath, have a good meal, meditate, relax with music and watch my favourite movies or shows.
I decided to have my time alone when I'm tired or if I was under pressure for a long time...Just to get back to normal and eliminate cravings.
So happy still being sober
Yes! I had noticed for a long time that I would always "watch" my tv show or movie, while also reading a magazine or book, playing on my phone, on the computer, whatever. And adding drinking to the mix...I pretty much didn't focus on anything and certainly didn't remember the whole show/movie. Last night - and recently- I got home after work and after dinner, sat and watched a recorded show, did just that, and enjoyed it. Then went to bed. It feels much more relaxing than scattering around through things!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In sobriety I've rediscovered the small
pleasures in life. All added up together, they make life rich and full. Throw in big doses of contentment, serenity, peace and being comfortable in your own skin... And I wonder why I ever drank at all.