Heart Break

Old 06-09-2016, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Heart Break

Hi I am the mom of a 34 year old son who has been using meth for nearly 20 years. I have adopted one of his handicapped children who is 8. He has more children spread out but I am too tired to talk about the whole situation now. He recently came from jail. I went with my daughter in law to obtain a restraining order against his or CPS was going to take daughter in laws 2 children from other fathers and a child they have together. I set some boundaries for him but feel guilty doing so. I will post again as it has been a rough week and this is as far as I can get.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Biskitmama,

I'm sorry you're going through that. Welcome to SR. I'm sure you'll find the support and understanding you need right now.

Keep posting

Hugs
Old 06-09-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

biskitmama.....you don't have to feel guilty for doing the right thing!
Putting the children first is the right thing!!

You are not alone. Many mothers face the same kind of difficult decisions......we understand......

dandylion
Old 06-09-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending hugs, Biskitmama, and wishing you continued strength.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Bisk,
Glad you reached out. We all love addicts on this forum so we all understand what you have been living with for the last 20 years. It hurts, but sometimes we have to do things to protect ourselves.

Keep reading and posting, there is many years of support in these walls.

Sending hugs my "new" friend!!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and positive remarks. I will keep coming back and hopefully it will get better
Old 06-09-2016, 11:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

mama, you are one of the hero grandmothers that make the world go round, and I have enormous admiration for you.

At least your son has choices; his children don't.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome. Sorry for the heavy burden you are having to deal with. Hope you can find some relief here.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeeJane View Post
Welcome. Sorry for the heavy burden you are having to deal with. Hope you can find some relief here.
Thank you for your kind words. The burden feels heavier today as I sit here thinking about my daughter in law being pregnant again. This will be my son's 9th child and her 4th. He doesn't have any of them and she is living in a shelter away from him. It sickens my stomach.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
mama, you are one of the hero grandmothers that make the world go round, and I have enormous admiration for you.

At least your son has choices; his children don't.
Originally Posted by LeeJane View Post
Thank you, I keep wishing I could be his hero too. After the children are taken care I go back to thinking how can I help him too. I am too hoping for peace. Again thank you.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

biskit.....can your church be a source of support and help for you and the children?

dandylion
Old 06-10-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome. You've stumbled upon the right place full of others in the same walk of life as you. We need each other. Keep coming back!
Old 06-10-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
biskit.....can your church be a source of support and help for you and the children?

dandylion
Hi, while considering myself spiritual and do believe in God I am not currently a member of a church. I am sure it would be a source of support. I am considering some face to face groups such as Alnon or Nar-Anon
Old 06-16-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am feeling better this week and continuing with my own life. I find this site not user friendly but am trying. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, mama. Don't be afraid to ask for help with anything you need from the site -- plenty of folks who might have some sage technical assistance.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
Thanks for the update, mama. Don't be afraid to ask for help with anything you need from the site -- plenty of folks who might have some sage technical assistance.
So I am searching my user name and using the same thread. I guess that's working lol.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just read and copied the 10 steps to helping an alcoholic/ drug addict. It makes perfect sense, now to put it to use. I found myself in a situation last night with my son that took an hour of my time. I couldn't believe myself that I went out just as I got to bed to help with one of his emergencies. I am going to work hardier at not falling. Thank you all.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am glad you are here.

It would be very hard to detatch when it's your child, grown or not. Know that we are here, reading this, supporting you.

I found the program Celebrate Recovery to be very helpful in my life, you may want to see if there is any church near you. It offered me wonderful face to face support that I desperately needed.

Hugs to you!