Notices

Good evening everyone

Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone

Hi all,

Weather still beautiful in the north west of England we have had a string of nice days recently and another good one today....

Anyway I've not seen my girlfriend for a week now, I text her mum today and she told me that her brother (my girlfriends uncle) had died. I text my girlfriend to say thinking if you and she knows where I am if she wants to go out for a drive or walk etc, I then tried to call as I felt a bit daft for sending a message - ( perhaps a little impersonal in the circumstances)

Anyway I've not received anything back yet, my girlfriend originally asked for space which I was happy to give but I did feel like I needed to get in touch especially when I found out about her uncle.

I'm keeping busy as I'm in limbo right now and that's the best thing for me to do, the question is have I gone too far by getting in touch? Or have I left it too late? Surely if she's indicated space it shouldn't really be down to me to initiate contact first anyway.

Phhhheeewwww it's all a bit strange right now, I'm glad I'm out of the mindset I was in last week and the cravings for alcohol, I feel I've got a hold on that now which is a big plus.

I don't want to come over as a pest or a drag to her so I'm thinking not to pursue further contact through calls / messages, she's not daft, she can see what I've sent up to now and that I've tried to call.

What do we all think guys, am I just wasting my time? There comes a point when focus has to switch to moving things forward, what sort of timescale do you put on this situation :/

It's a strange one

Stewy x
Old 06-06-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think it was good of you to reach out in the circumstances but now I think leaving it is your next best move if she gets in touch just try to be supportive but you done a nice thing reaching out & always good to hear from you Stewy
Old 06-06-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I would leave it a while longer Stewy - a week is not a long time especially considering what happened with her uncle. I would maybe phone again in a week and if she still doesn't respond then have a rethink.

Obviously I don't know the circumstances of her original request for space but anyway don't give up yet

Good luck
Old 06-06-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Definitely let her be for a while Stewy.

Hard as it might be she'll only get in touch if that's what she wants to do.
Old 06-06-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I'm going to focus on myself and continue to do so, try to just go with the flow of each day and not get too concerned with what may or may not happen. I've done what I can, best to make peace with things now
Old 06-06-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, I think it was kind of you to contact your girlfriend about the death of her uncle. But, I agree, you've done what you can and now you can try to decide whether to wait for her to contact you or whether to move on. I'm glad you're doing well!
Old 06-06-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Stewy --

I know it's hard. But no more contact on your end. Although, I do not know the whole story. I think you need to make the decision to move on (no need to wait for her). No contact with her Mom either.

Time to focus on you!

Take care.