Notices

Day 3

Old 06-05-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I woke up with that deliciously languid feeling in my body after a truly deep, good sleep. I haven't felt that in so very long.

I must have felt that languid feeling in my sleep because I dreamt that I tried to get up from my therapists chair with that feeling and you know how you aren't too steady on your feet getting out of bed (when sober) after a really good night sleep? Well anyway I was terrified she would think I was drunk and not just well rested and supremely relaxed. I worried about that in my dream because we have an appointment tomorrow. She said that if I could abstain through the weekend we would begin my medical therapy as will power alone has never been strong enough for me. I don't want medicine but I sure do want success this time and my dream underscored how much I want to stay sober. I also think it's interesting that I saw similarities in the relaxation of a good sleep and that relaxation of a drink or two (after that it just chasing.) well guess which feeling I prefer?

I had three challenges this weekend. Two major benefits with open bar, and a BBQ. The benefits were easy because I dislike them anyway and the only thing that ever kept me at them was drinking. Or so I thought! I actually had an amazing time at the second one because I was sat next to a fascinating woman and we engaged in a wonderful conversation (that I remember.)

The third was today. My first time entertaining in so long. My SO's best friend was in town for one day and wanted to see our home. I was honestly shaky st first starting my prep but once I got into it (I'm an excellent cook) I pulled off one of the best meals I've ever made sober or drunk. One sauce element of it my SO liked so much he said he could drink it alone. That made me feel extra happy because he never really expresses an opinion about food and just eats what's in front of him. Anticipating drinks, I made the most beautiful big jug of homemade mint lemonade. I can honestly say that have a cold, thirst quenching option really helped me not give a thought to the beer they were drinking. I won't say I got through the weekend without a craving. The second benefit was scorching hot and the cold beers being poured did look good but I chugged water and actually took some time upstairs from the ballroom alone sitting in a cool place.

My house is clean, my fridge is full of fresh not roting food, my SO and I made love better than any time I was drunk, my laundry is done, and I'm writing here to end my day.

I know I need to strategize a full plan but most importantly I need to not even just think one drink will be okay. Best discovery of the weekend is no one seemed to think it was weird I wasn't drinking. So it was nice not to feel pressured.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done Water!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Earth Child

WELL DONE
KEEP GOING YOU CAN DO THIS
Old 06-06-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic! Keep it up!
Old 06-06-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm happy you enjoyed a sober weekend, Water.

A plan is always a good idea.

There may be times your AV will rear it's ugly head.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grats on day 3