Notices

90 days

Old 06-05-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days

I downloaded an app today which told me I have not drunk any alcohol for 90 days. I have to say that at times it hasn't been easy and the last couple of weeks I have presented myself with some interesting excuses why I should have a few- which I haven't.
I think in my case it comes down to still not really knowing what I want in terms of sobriety and letting my schedules and routines slip a bit.
I hope to sort this situation out next week as it will take further power away from my AV.
When I gave up drinking I didn't know if it was going to be for a month a, few months, years or forever. I'm still not sure, I can say I currently don't drink and I'm proud to say that but the future worries me.
I know I am not at a place at the moment where I could drink responsibly which means I know my sobriety continues. I was in a pub with a few people I knew a couple of days ago and I nearly convinced myself to drink, the only thing that stopped me was knowing in my heart that I would get drunk and drive home- which scared me that I still thought that way and would show that nothing has changed since my first sober day.
In many ways my health is far better than it has been but in other ways it's worse. It's very easy to blame everything on alcohol but reality shows me sober people also get ill, have diseases, have bad days and low moods.
So my plan is to remain a non drinker, get some more structure , start thinking about a long term life plan and stop giving any credence to any voices in my head pretending that the last 30 years where a ball of laughs and fun.

Last edited by Jtmlk; 06-05-2016 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-05-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on achieving 90 days!

It's great that you recognize the need to solidify you plan and commitment. Setting a strong intent is really important. Can't get there if ya don't know where you're going.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

90 days is fantastic! Well done. I find thinking about my future being alcohol free is overwhelming so I'm not looking too far forward. All that matters is what choices am I making NOW to remain sober.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ninety days sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Jtmlk!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

90 days is awesome!! Keep it up😊
Old 06-05-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90!