Boyfriend and Crystal meth

Old 06-05-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boyfriend and Crystal meth

Any advice on trying to feel better about kicking out a crystal meth addicted boyfriend, who did not want help?
Old 06-05-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

meth is one evil drug and not anything you want to be anywhere around. nor around anyone who uses. it's a hugely powerful addiction and there isn't ANYTHING you could do to fix it. protecting yourself and creating a drug free environment for YOU is your best bet. doesn't make it any easier, but you DID the right thing!!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR, but I'm sorry for what has brought you here,

I also used to live with someone who was using meth and as Anvil said, it is an evil drug. The person using it has had their mind and thinking warped by this awful drug. After a while, I felt like my own my mind was also being hijacked by his addiction, I didn't know what to believe anymore.

It wasn't until after he left that I realized how unmanageable my life had become. I was finally able to see the toll that his addiction was taking on my life. The week after he left, I was actually able to sleep through the night for the first time in weeks. Take this time for yourself and think about what you want for your own future. It's soooo hard to let go of someone we love because of their addiction, but if you don't let go, you'll be dragged down.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My brother has been addicted to meth for close to 20 years now. He has lived a life of turmoil including children he can't care for, jail sentences for stupid choices, stealing from people and destroying his family including my mother who adopted his disabled child.

He has 8 biological children who he has crushed. He has finally lost custody of the last 2 that were in his life.

If you ever suspect anyone of being on this drug, run far and fast. Don't look back. You just saved yourself from Hell.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Jjjjl0369 View Post
Any advice on trying to feel better about kicking out a crystal meth addicted boyfriend, who did not want help?
Welcome to the Board.

I'm not sure if anything I have to say will make you "feel better". When relationships end, it's supposed to hurt. In this case, one person's actions (your AXBF using) led to another person's decision (to boot his arse out). And you're to be commended for making that tough decision.

What's important to remember is doing the right thing is often very hard, and seldom does it feel good. At the same time, doing the right thing even though it's hard is a way of investing in ourselves and our own well-being. The more often we do it, the stronger we become, and we gain confidence in ourselves to weather tough times.

So, I'm sorry you were forced to do something you didn't want to do, but I'm not sorry you did it.

Stay with us as long as you have need.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My XABF did meth. Really scary stuff. I left.

If it helps at all, please include me with everyone here telling you that you did the right thing. If anything can help this man, it is letting him face the consequences of his choices.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I guarantee you will never, ever regret it.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through this!

Take a moment to think about your future. What do you want out of life? How do you want life to be in 5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Dating is the process of finding a life partner for most people. Think about the reality of who your boyfriend is while in active addiction. Think about how people progress as they use crystal meth. Will that person help you achieve those hopes and dreams? Not unless you were hoping for poverty, poor health, hanging out at jails, etc.

That doesn't mean that you have to stop loving him. There's nothing I know of that will stop the pain of having to leave someone you love. But, you've definitely made a good decision for your life - and that's the only life you can control.