New Thread Continues From Here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ne-3-a-27.html
Old 06-05-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun!
Old 06-05-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
And a big thank you to all our mods. Opi, I am sure that Dee's very understandable decision to step away has created a lot of "fill the void" for you, Scott and Anna. You're all very appreciated.

Thanks for all you do for us.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

90's?
Get outside and work weather, Brain?

Oh, that's right......
Men are from Mars.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Congrats on shotgun, Ven!

Hawkeye - I'm still sorting out what I feel about the whole situation with the other guy is, and what his declarations of regret had to do with all this. All I know is that the whole situation was highly uncomfortable for me and I felt conflicted and uneasy and just not that happy. My sobriety comes first and my apple cart was upset in a pretty profound way this past week or two. That scared me, big time.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Yay Ven! Congratulations on getting shotgun

Thank you Optival

Welcome to Weekenders SoulShine and arbyz
Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Totally screwed up my little job re-wiring the brake lights on Mrs Fradley's car.

Drained last of the battery in the process.

So tried to roll start it on our short but steep driveway.

Screwed that up too, so now it is parked in a hedge.

Oh, and crushed the battery cover I had left lying on the ground as I rode over it too.

Now.... in the old days, I would not have dealt with this at all well

Happy Sober Sunday !

Fradley

Last edited by nyala; 06-05-2016 at 07:58 AM. Reason: phat phingers
Old 06-05-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 9, made it through Saturday. Not going to lie, it was a battle, but I won!

Can't wait for my meeting tonight and to start a busy week tomorrow! I always hated being busy, but I'm finding it makes it easier for now.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post
Totally screwed up my little job re-wiring the brake lights on Mrs Fradley's car.

Oh, and crushed the battery cover I had left lying on the ground as I rode over it too.

Happy Sober Sunday !

Fradley
I giggled picturing that, it's totally something that would happen to me and my husband. Glad you are handling it well!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done, FindingCake! Making it through the weekend sober is the whole purpose of this thread. Come on in, everyone!

Early days are tough, no two ways about it. Let this be your safe place. SoberRecovery has an app, too - take us with you!

I'll just keep it short, so much happened over the weekend with you guys. I read it all. You are all amazing and brave and wonderful.

Back after brekkie. Bees are telling me where my sausage and eggs are. . .

"thataway" (the bee waggle below)

Old 06-05-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Venny!!!!!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

Glorious day here in my home town. Took junior and Mrs B for a drive along the coast. Drove past Bono's humble abode. I'm having a great weekend!!! Time to catch up.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Just stepped on the scale. Ever want to lose a quick 5 pounds without going through what BigS is going through? Try the emotional upheaval diet. Worked for me!
Old 06-05-2016, 08:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, a Big Ole Welcome To Weekenders, Fradley! I'm sick of being one of the few here who always post the Murphy's Law Stories!

A thankful 'Wow, Sao' for that Tip on cooling the perpetually-hot-running Sat Receiver. I stumbled onto Cooling Fan Info on line yesterday. Unfortunately, the baked Hard Drive won't get past displaying the 'Starting Up' Screen. MesaMate left it on while we were in CA for 3 Weeks, and that did the deed. This detail is of no consequence, because so many Receivers seem to bake after a few Years. It's got me motivated to finish the Wireless Internet Link ~1.400' to our Gate Phone/DSL Box, and get both Roku Boxes goin'. Then, buh bye to Sat Receivers, and $100-/Month Bills.

Wildlife...

I check the RV Trailer Traps this Morning, and have dispatched a 2nd Mouse to Cheese Heaven via trusty Peanut Butter. Meanwhile, I duck out the Trailer Door. A blur of motion catches my Eye. There's 2 huge Dust Clouds; one to the left, and one to the right. The commotion is over in less than a Second.

My Forensic Reconstruction is that our Resident Mountain Lion nabbed one of many Bunnies here for Brekkie. The side-to-side motion, and resultant Dust Clouds, were identical to the TV chase Scenes where a Big Cat nabs a Gazelle. FAST! Man, this MoFo was fast. I couldn't even get a Visual on the Animal. No way was it a Coyote.

So, I'll keep carrying my .357 when taking out MesaDog at Night. We need to rethink having Glass French Doors open to just the Screen Sliders. Big Cats push it as they get tamer.

The first 8 Rows of Pix linked here are not graphic. Additional Pic Rows beyond that randomly are...

- Mountain Lions On Porches Pix -
Old 06-05-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Op x
Old 06-05-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So...someone mentioned "Moments" in the last thread.

Beautiful moments. Profound moments, moments of complete satisfaction with life and all its possibility. I've had more of those moments in the past year than I could count. The first six months to a year of sobriety was, "Hang on, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Do the next right thing." The payoff has been significant, and a lot of it I can attribute to this site and the hundreds or thousands of hours I've spent here. My body, mind, and spirit needed to heal and I found stories of despair and encouragement here; which led me to find my own healing. Once past the initial couple months, it got much easier.

Yesterday I had one of the moments that will stick with me and it was so simple and not exciting in any way. I am blessed to live in an area with good transit, and I needed to go downtown yesterday so I took the air-conditioned Express articulated bus. It takes 30 minutes or so. Nice upholstered seats, quiet, comfortable, and I was able to look around at the gorgeous scenery.

On the ride back I sat in the very back of the bus, which I really like. There was a young man sitting on the bench seat with me who I recognized because he walks through my parking lot every day. 15 miles away from home, and I was finally able to introduce myself. He looks a bit like Johnny Depp in style and physical looks. He's always carrying a guitar, which he had with him on the bus. He started playing it and singing and he is very talented and played all the way back - on a bus that was 75% full. Who gets live guitar music on the bus? ME!! I DO. It was awesome. Also on the bus was a woman I had met on the trip down. She had her little dog with her. Then there was a family, Mom, Dad in their 60s/70s, adult kids and two little children. They had purchased a couple armload-size bouquets of flowers. It was just such a happy scene riding along with all this to enjoy...beautiful sunny day, to boot.

moments.

TL;DR - Sobriety. It's worth it. Everything is better.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Fradley View Post

Happy Sober Sunday !

Fradley
Well done for not getting too stressed Fradley - battery can easy be recharged and car removed from hedge. The most awkward thing for me with brakes lights was finding someone else to press the pedal so I could tell if the lights were working or not

Mesa - the moggie in the top few rows was putting on an impressive air of sang froid considering

Marty, sorry you are out of sorts. Personally I think it's his problem not yours
Old 06-05-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks Op.

Congrats Ven.

But Olive, it's hotter on Venus than Mars.

It is much easier to handle life's troubles sober Fradley.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Fradley - hope you don't mind that you had me laughing...

"mesaman, bounty hunter" Premiers next Thursday...

I told the wife no more planting anything without written approval from moi... that picture of a flower on the cover didn't say anything about this vine taking over everything... I may have to dig out the entire garden... I started but moved on... was digging my trench for the gladiolus and discovered I chopped a few older bulbs in half - DOH!
well it's hard to tell what's what with her just planting willy-nilly --- I'm taking my garden back!

so there I am working on the hill and the cheep cheep is getting louder, he's been all around the yard today... then I see him on the 'steps' he was hopping up until he was three away from me - children are fearless... Mr and Mrs Robin were not too pleased he was within almost an arms reach of me. I got a pic of him on my trellis thing when I came in for lunch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
buddy.JPG (67.1 KB, 97 views)
Old 06-05-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

darn…just missed it.
so…tiny pic doesn't work for me anymore. it doesn't give me an url or whatever what's the other one?