Notices

A new week

Old 06-04-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A new week

Hey everyone - I know this might be a waste of a thread, but I am just so ecstatic that I had to share the news. Today is day 8.... which means that I've been sober for over a week!

To be honest I felt disappointed in myself for wanting alcohol every day. There was even one point when I discovered that a hard liquor bottle was in the house. I could see only the lid but when I jolted towards it to drink it... I discovered it was empty. At first I was disappointed, but now I feel that I was lucky.

Anyhow, despite a few close calls I am so happy to have managed to be sober this week.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skjaldmaer View Post
Hey everyone - I know this might be a waste of a thread, but I am just so ecstatic that I had to share the news. Today is day 8.... which means that I've been sober for over a week!

To be honest I felt disappointed in myself for wanting alcohol every day. There was even one point when I discovered that a hard liquor bottle was in the house. I could see only the lid but when I jolted towards it to drink it... I discovered it was empty. At first I was disappointed, but now I feel that I was lucky.

Anyhow, despite a few close calls I am so happy to have managed to be sober this week.
WAY TO GO!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That was a test I'm glad you passed ....goes to show how quick and powerful those inclinations can be. Keep going strong!
Old 06-04-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8! Not a waste of a thread at all.

The universe was looking after you with respect to that empty. I relapsed once at 7 months because I found two mini's under my mattress. Good lord. Crazy.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrad's!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not a waste at all! You are doing awesome! Don't be hard on yourself for wanting - be happy that you have been able to NOT act on those urges.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm at day 15 so also just going day to day. Actually, I'm taking it one hour at a time. These early days are very fragile. I go to an AA meeting everyday and am on this forum round the clock. Anxiety is high still but I'm just going to accept it rather than suppress it with alcohol.

8 days is a great start. Keep going!