Husband heading to Inpatient in a week

Old 06-03-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband heading to Inpatient in a week

He quit the outpatient program today once he lined up the inpatient rehab out of state. His dad went with him to the place to return some books and said the director didnt even wish him well. And he refunded only 50% of what was paid said he was over by 2 days to get more. Not happy with them.

I had some clarity. He relapsed after this move we made and the new job. Going to work and outpatient was too much for him. I feel hopeful for the first time realizing I think he needs time away to reflect and get treatment. He can be admitted in a week. I'm praying he holds it together and has no problems until then.
I may be crazy but feeling better tonight.

Appreciate all your support and replies from my earlier posts.

One question though. Has anyone gone to family time at the rehab and how did it go? They say its part education, time to speak with other family, work alone with a counselor and work in family therapy with him. It sounds good but need to take off work for a week and it will cost some to travel, but his parents said I can use some of their frequent flyer miles.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just sending hugs and strength to you. I don't have experience to offer at a family program as my ex husband quit rehab each time, so can't help you there. I'm sure others will come along and offer their experience. Can I ask-do you want to go to the family program??
Old 06-04-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad he's seeking more intense inpatient treatment and seems to be wanting recovery for himself - is this true? I'm just curious as to why he didn't continue the outpatient program until he left for the new program? Too overwhelmed with working too?
Old 06-04-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hes excited and is looking at it as a chance to reboot and get back on track emotionally and physically.

He didnt like the outpatient and I dont think it was a good fit for him. It was a rush selection that put him there.

He works 2 days this week to transition some stuff. Hes taking off a medical with his doctors help.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i think we'd all like the change to reboot and get back on track! i really hope this does provide him the kickstart he needs......you should be able to breathe a bit easier and focus a bit more on taking care of YOU too. sounds like a win win.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Your in-laws sound very supportive. Best wishes for both of you and I hope the rehab is just what he needs. I can see why going to outpatient after work would be very tiring.