Notices

Help Relapse!

Old 06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help Relapse!

Hi I am struggling,
I just went 21 weeks sober -but then fell, I am know in a relapse and I don't know what to do. I have just put the glass down but I am scared about the night ahead. I also want to stop smoking. I am sat in my room alone its 7.30pm Uk time - I am now back to watching the clock to get through the next 24 hours. I feel miserable and ashamed of my myself. Is there anyone how can help ??
Old 06-03-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

August

thank you for replying - I have often read this site but had never the nerve to say anything. I am not well I have not eaten anything in days just been dealing with the wine witch but I am fed up now. I have work tomorrow - cooking and hope that this will help me through I am a much better person when I am sober - and this is the first time in my life That I truly don't want this poison in me. I WAS DOING SO WELL!
Old 06-03-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and you can do well again!! Coming here is a huge step toward waking up.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How can I do well again? I just feel miserable. I am just crying. My nerves are shot and in the next 3 hours the acolhol will leave and I feel really crap. I am normally a really strong person but this witch has a hold of me and I hate her.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kpblue View Post
How can I do well again? I just feel miserable. I am just crying. My nerves are shot and in the next 3 hours the acolhol will leave and I feel really crap. I am normally a really strong person but this witch has a hold of me and I hate her.
You can do well again by not drinking anymore. The anxiety and miserable feelings will only be temporary, and they are a direct result of drinking alcohol. Once you get it out of your system you can work on forming a solid plan so you don't drink again too, but for the immediate future try to get rest, drink water, eat some healthy food if you can. Don't rule out seeing a doctor too if you think you may have severe withdrawals.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The first few days are hard - try to do something that doesn't take a lot of concentration but will pass the time. Read on SR or get a recovery book on kindle. I am a fan of adult coloring - easy to do and next thing you know you've got a pretty picture and an hour has gone by. Look at photo albums, watch a favorite sitcom you've seen a few times. Play solitaire on your phone or with actual playing cards. Drink water and non-caffeinated tea. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

its just getting through the next few hours - I finally eaten just a few bits of chicken its no 9.30pm I feel really lonely there's not many people I can talk too. August how are you doing? 102 days is epic! Grace and scott have you ever relapse and how did you cope?
Old 06-03-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kpblue View Post
its just getting through the next few hours - I finally eaten just a few bits of chicken its no 9.30pm I feel really lonely there's not many people I can talk too. August how are you doing? 102 days is epic! Grace and scott have you ever relapse and how did you cope?
Yes, I "relapsed" many times back before I got sober for good. Try and keep yourself busy and keep your mind off it, there's no magic pill or method that can just make it all go away, unfortunately withdrawals and hangovers are simply unavoidable. But remember they will end - they are only temporary. And they are 100% preventable...this could be your last time to ever go through it if you choose.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey kpblue,

I know how you feel, I´ve been there before like so many others.
These "others" I´ve found at AA and thanks to that fellowship I´ve been sober for almost a year. I like it so much I go there 3 times a week although the urge to drink has been history long before.

You can do this!
S
Old 06-03-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thank you for all your replys and kind words - I am going to try to sleep now. thank you.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kpblue, I know it's really tough to face a relapse and get going again, but many of us have had to do that and I know that you can do it, too. You will feel better tomorrow and I hope your positive attitude starts to return.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Kp - I also relapsed numerous times. It doesn't mean we're doomed to keep doing it - I now have over 8 yrs. sober. I finally grew exhausted from trying to be a social drinker. It was going to kill me if I let it. You can reclaim your life & never go back to feeling this way.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

Maybe come here and chat BEFORE the relapse!!!!

Get back on the sober train and start riding it!!!!!!!!! You can stay stopped, too!!
Old 06-03-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Craig

Hang in there. Get sober again. 21 weeks sober is great. A relapse doesn't take that away. I had 4 months sober and everything was great! My meetings, counselor, support system. Everything was rock solid.

Then, relapse.

Well, I'm on another 4 months. A relapse is like a plane crash. You pick up the pieces, examine what happened, and work to prevent it next time.

Get right back sober and stick with it.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi kp, you've been sober before so you can do it again! How did you stop drinking the last time? Did you go to AA or rehab or any other meetings/programs? I have been sober 8 months but I got a kick start going to inpatient rehab for 7 weeks. You said you don't have any support. Are there any sober groups around you that you can join, AA or Smart Recovery?