Notices

one year gone down the drain to the bottle!

Old 06-01-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one year gone down the drain to the bottle!

Just jumping right back into little thing that can give me support at the moment.

about a year ago I was sober ! active on Sr and life was going decent. But because I picked that first drink up a year just flew by where I drank, lost my license (3 years), got into debt, hurt my family, ruined my health!! all in one year that flew by!!!

I have to get long term sobriety this time! so far the plan is to get active in A.A 5 nights a week and also on SR. What else is an option to look into? if any one has ideas please let me know because some times A.A is not enough to prevent a relapse

hope to get loads of support from you guys and if anyone is thinking of picking up a drink DONT DO IT!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!
Old 06-01-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks. Good your back. I've had to get really spiritual. Meditations, mantras, yoga, deep into the mystic. I was raised atheist so it's a definite departure for me. But hey, I didn't like who I was and this new me is way happier. Thanks for posting. I always need reminding.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to see you back and that you are working on your recovery.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I am a year sober and feel pretty awesome.

My av lurks.

I am on SR daily. Sort of a habit, like checking Facebook. But, this place reminds me not to stray into the drink.

My early recovery was a living hell.

I read so much about the lives ruined by relapse.

God help me go to my grave sober as a saint.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you've made it back. I would suggest embracing all elements of AA, not just meetings. I was one of the people who thought that those alone would do the trick. Thing is, there's more than one side to that triangle. Only taking one of the three parts is like balancing on a stool on just one of its legs. Uncomfortable and precarious. Once I was using all parts of the recovery program. Meetings, fellowship, reading, 12-step work with a sponsor, the things felt more secure and I started getting well.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to see you
Old 06-01-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The one year isn't lost. Take all the good stuff and keep applying it and then make some positive changes in addition to your meetings. I use a website called recoveryaudio.org. It's free with 5500 AA speaker tapes. You can double click and listen or download. Youtube has great guided meditations.