Notices

Stressful Day

Old 05-31-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stressful Day

Just a little share...today, in addition to a busy day at work, my roommate and I finished moving into a new place, in a different neighborhood, where we will have a third roommate. So a bit anxious about how it's all going to work out. I caught myself feeling very irritable, frustrated, angry all day. Funny how the anger always comes out on the freeway 😜. I had a moment, when I was leaving our old place -a place I really liked and did not particularly want to leave- when I realized that a lot of my anger was covering up sadness about leaving there. And also fear of a new situation. I seem to do that a lot: cover up sadness (or other emotions) with anger. I guess it makes me feel powerful, like I can control reality with my angry thoughts. I suppose I'm not the only one who does that. Anyway, I'm here getting things situated, and feeling more relaxed now. Thanks for reading
Old 05-31-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm moving in exactly one month's time - getting on a big old jet plane and going home after more than ten years abroad. Emotions are pretty rampant but I'm not sure what they are. They feel like a big mix of chemicals sloshing around inside me sometimes, that I largely choose to ignore.

So I completely understand how sadness expresses as anger in your case. Mine will pop out one way or another as goodness knows what.

But it has to be better facing the newness sober right? We got this.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ah yes, sadness and depression morph into fear and then back into sadness and depression again. I think anger allows us to stay stuck, rather than seeking solutions for the problem. But, moving IS stressful so don't be hard on yourself for feeling emotional about the change, especially when you are leaving a place you liked a lot.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Zenlifter, good for you for feeing whatever you feel and then posting. Anger, sadness, irritation are all part of being alive. Hope the new place works out.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope your new place turns out to be even better!