Notices

Wow...bad relapse

Old 05-30-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow...bad relapse

Hi everyone. I almost made it to four months. That seems to be my pattern. The thought came...this time I acted on it. One split second and I was off again. Now I've lost my marriage for good. I can't believe what I have done but it's my own fault. Now I'm picking up the pieces and moving forward. Starting the steps over again. New sobriety date is 5/27/16. Onward....peace out...
Old 05-30-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So sorry, hope you can try again soon. Least your liver had a chance to heal-that's what I always think. Even 1 day is better than none.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage. However, you are back here ready to be sober again, and it sounds like you aren't letting the negativity of recent events keep you from doing so. I think that is amazing, and puts you a hundred steps further ahead already.
Old 05-30-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too am very sorry to hear of your loss and although it may seem impossible to see the light at the end of the tunnel it is there and it will grow brighter.

Its a common comment here and in groups I attend or have attended we pick up where we left off, it's as if we never stopped drinking but I am very happy to hear you are giving it another go, life is worth the fight and it is a fight at times even with longer sobriety, that friggin AV we have seems to always be lying in waiting, the majority of my days are good but sometimes it rears it's ugly head and I have to work my plan hard.

All the best
andrew