Notices

Biggest drunk ever!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MB8

Biggest drunk ever!!!!!!

You will not meet a bigger drunk then me. I have tried so many times to quit. I have two amazing little girls and a half way decent wife. I have a great career and make nice $$. I have dodged the bullet so many times. I drive drunk. Boat and car. And have for years. Never been caught. But have done so many stupid things. I think my wife is on the verge on calling it quits. If it wasn't for the big house on the water with the boat and nice cars, I think she'd be gone. I just can not imagine going thru life, as I sit here on the water, sober!!! I have tried 5 times. 2,4,5,9 months and the current 3 week failure. We just had a tiki hut built and I'm sitting under it drinking by myself while my kids are inside eating wondering what daddy is doing outside. ****. Never been to treatment and can't do so due to my job but dam. This **** SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MB8

I haven't drank in three weeks. I went and got a 12. Gone in 2 hours. WTF. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I HAD ONLY A FEW BEERS!!! ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't live life without beer
Old 05-29-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MB8

The crazy thing is I live next door to vanilla ice!!! And he's sober. How do these people do it
Old 05-29-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
quat

They can unbuilt those things too.
You don't need to imagine a sober life, you just put the drink down walk away from it and live each now of your life without one in your hand. You can do it
Old 05-29-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get busy livin or get busy dyin. It is within your power to choose.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What helped you remain sober during your nine month period?
Old 05-29-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
MB8

We go fishing in the keys all the time. Have for years. How in gods green earth do you put jimmy buffet on the radio, and not crack a cold beer. Does that mean I never go to the keys again. I don't have fun sober. I have a blast when I'm nice. But I'm not a good dad when I'm nice. And my dad was a drunk and the worst ever. Don't want to be that guy.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MB8

Delilah!! Nothing. Just didn't drink. And I was miserable. And my wife couldn't stand me. She didn't like me drunk, and didn't like me sober. I can't Winn
Old 05-29-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MB8 View Post
You will not meet a bigger drunk then me.
Yes I have, that person would be me. **** I could drink 12 in an hour.

It sounds like you have all the resources to go to rehab or detox. That would be a good idea. If not, maybe detox under a doctors supervision? But YOU have to want to be sober. No one can do it for you.

So, do you want to get sober?

I know how hard it is. I'm currently coming up on one week after many relapses.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MB8

She's a " NORMY ". Doesn't drink. Ever. Put a glass a wine in front of her and she will take a sip and leave it. I always finish it though. And I hate wine.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
quat

You put the radio on , sing a catchy tune and be a good dad, the booze is the only thing math at thinks it's nice, the fish don't care.
Alcohol abuse and reckless behavior can kill you, reality, the 'nice' is a boozy illusion, and quite deadly, choose wisely.
Rooting for ya
Old 05-29-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ever thought of something like AA or some other recovery group, MB?

D
Old 05-29-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MB8

I do want to get sober. But life is so much more fun drinking. Other than the times where I get so drunk that I make stupid decisions. Those are the times I won't miss. " if I can ever get sober". Which is highly unlikely. The problem is I haven't lost anything at this point. And I do well without trying to sound like an *******. It's inevitable though that it will be gone in due time. And I would have never been able to spell inevitable if it weren't for spell check. Cause I'm quite nice. UNFORTUNATELY!!!! ****.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Go back and read your post from 2-5-14. You weren't miserable.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've learned a lot in sobriety, thanks to SR. The two most important:

1. Sobriety is within everyone's reach. Everyone.

2. I'm not "losing out on the good times" by being sober. I'm living, authentically living. The idea that we cannot be fun unless we're drinking is b.s. 100 percent b.s.

Never been to treatment and can't do so due to my job but dam. This **** SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow, in greater clarity, rethink this. You may have a lot of nice possessions right now, but alcoholism will rob you of them sooner or later. More importantly, it will rob you of a good life with your family and the chance at attaining self-respect.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

AA can be really good for those of us who tried and failed to get sober on our own. I failed miserably for years never realizing that all that was needed was to give AA an honest effort.

MB the time to take action is now. You still have a wonderful wife, children, nice cars and boats. It can get much worse I know. But the good part you don't have to go the route I did.

You can do it!!
Old 05-29-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

"The problem is I haven't lost anything at this point."

What about your children? It sounds as if you think they might be losing something. I think they would like to have a Dad who comes in and has supper with them, rather than sits outside and drinks. I hope you decide to stop drinking.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MB8

I'm envious of people like DEE. I get on here like 2 times a year and there u r. Still going strong. Thanks for what what u do for people on here. I'm truly envious. Do u ever get to a point where u just don't need it anymore. Problem is, drinking is all I have ever known. Golf, fishing, surfing, breathing..... It all involved beer. And I've never taking even one sip of any hard liquor. That's always been crutch I've leaned on. " I'm not a drunk, I just drink beer.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Do u ever get to a point where u just don't need it anymore.
I know I'm still in early sobriety, but when I go to meetings I don't feel the need to drink. My therapist said it has been scientifically proven that the prayer at the meetings helps people stay sober.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You'll thank yourself tomorrow if you get rid of any alcohol, take a hot shower and go to bed now.

"The problem is I haven't lost anything at this point." When you re read this thread sober, you'll realize that indeed you have potential for losing your family, your home, your possessions and your livilihood. You deserve more. Your kids do too. You can have a good life! You don't need to lose anything or everything to stop drinking.

Check in often. We're on your side!