Notices

Intuitive thinking skills - Is it really this simple

Old 05-29-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intuitive thinking skills - Is it really this simple

Hi all
Hope you are all keeping strong. I'm still not drinking, don't even count the days now. All I can say is I'm currently a non drinker.
Through the local addiction agency I was sent on a course - intuitive recovery. Four days of only 2.5 hours plus a couple of follow up sessions. It's the most amazing course ever and I finally get it. It's about personal responsibility and how the neo- cortex part of your brain, your mid brain and your amygdala work. The guy who ran the course was awesome - prob the best trainer I've met. He was an ex heroin user and big time smuggler who had used for decades and despite many rehabs and detoxes this was the one thing that made him give up and live a different life. Google intuitive thinking skills for more info,
As for me, I know longer have ambivalence about drinking, I don't drink and that's that. Still have to listen out for AV but have learnt many skills in shutting it up.
Take care all
Old 05-29-2016, 01:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. Did you take this course in the US or another country? It sounds similar to Rational Recovery's AVRT method.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good for you bud !
Old 05-29-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That sounds really good jmtlk, I will try and find something online if I can
Old 05-29-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If your thinking then you are not drinking , if your thinking is stinking then it wont be long until your drinking .

I not only had a drinking problem I also had a thinking problem and it revolved ''around me '' selfish and self centered to the core '' so my thinking had to improve and I done so by'' getting rid of my old ideas'' because I was my own worst enemy .

Stevie recovered 12 0-3 2006
Old 05-29-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

This seems to be available in the UK at this time. I did find something that is in Colorado. And an online session that is free (used for eating disorders and general life management!)

And after reading through some of the information, it seems to align with what my sponsor keeps helping me develop through my meditations!

Looks like it's a good fit for some people or to add to a "tool kit of recovery!"
Old 05-29-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Anybody have any links to online courses? I haven't found anything??
Old 05-29-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some of the courses appear to be fee paying - we don't allow commercial sites, so the OP couldn't link to it here.

Send JT a PM

D
Old 05-29-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I took the course in the Uk - they suggested reading a book ( which to be fair seems to be where boss man, shall we say developed his idea from). When I find my paperwork I will post name of book.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

I saw a sample online, not sure if it's the entire course. Do a search and read the site well. or private message me.