Notices

Hello, everyone!

Old 05-28-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Hello, everyone!

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself. I think I'll be around quite often.

I am a 28 year old alcoholic. I've been drinking heavily for 5 years (going through 4-7 fifth bottles of vodka a week), not so heavy before that. It used to be fun. But my life has become a drunken blur, with sadness and depression when I haven't had a drink yet. I have been waking up crying, just so disturbed at who I am. It all clicked and I have never felt more ready to change my life. So here I am!

I am 48 hours without a drink. Last night was rough, lots of sweating, trouble falling asleep/staying asleep, and horrible dreams. The dreams are one of the worst parts to me, dreading going to sleep tonight.

Today I focused on trying to stomach some healthy-ish food, and drink plenty of water. TMI- I've had horrid diarrhea today. Does anyone know how long that typically lasts?

I'm going to call around on Tuesday for a therapist I can afford. I know this isn't going to be an easy path for me to stay sober, and I want to do all I can to make it a successful one.

I hope to get to know you And hope one day I can help others how I'm sure you guys will me!

Thanks for listening!

Last edited by LilyRose1532; 05-28-2016 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-28-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Welcome, LilyRose. I think it's so great that you are at 48 hours. Not TMI but the bathroom issues will resolve itself soon. You're right about it, AT FIRST, not being an easy path but, TRUST ME (and all the wise sober folks on here), that it WILL get easier and you will feel so much better and stronger--physically and emotionally.

Hang in there. When I was first starting this journey, I was on these boards so much. These people saved my life. I still have issues but alcohol isn't one of them, and I realized how much it took away from my life and really knowing who I am. I am healthier, more clear-headed, and at peace that didn't exist while drinking.

Thinking of you and reach out at any time. Maybe keep up this thread and let us know how you are going. We care. You can do this. xo
Old 05-28-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You sound so ready LilyRose and you have youth on your side. Very smart decision to deal with It now with all of your life ahead of you. Welcome, lots of good people here.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Lillyrose
Old 05-29-2016, 02:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR LilyRose - you'll find a lot of support here
Things will get better physically wise...difficult to say when tho cos we;re all different.

For me it was anything from a day or two to a week.

D
Old 05-29-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Lily! So glad you are recognizing your problem and wanting to change.

48 hours is great. We're all different, but at your age you should be feeling much better in a couple of days. Don't give in now. Alcoholism is progressive and will get much worse if you don't intervene. Great Job!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Lily rose
You are in the right place if you need to talk or just listen xx
Attached Images
Old 05-29-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Lily Rose! You are so smart to stop at such young age, I wish I had that wisdom at 28.

You will find lots of support on SR, spend some time reading and posting. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Welcome Lily. I will be looking for your posts. Good for you on realizing this young. I've went 35 years before this, my strongest attempt. I'm in a good place right now, but realize not to take that for granted.
I think focusing on eating good food is a great idea. I am struggling to get back to eating good food (going thru the "I'm not drinking so I'm overindulging in sugar" phase right now). I agree with the others about diarrhea. And I think you will find in reading threads, not too much of anything is TMI here lol. Glad you are here
Old 05-29-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi & Welcome LilyRose
Old 05-29-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Lily, way to go. Welcome. The first bit is a little rough but will get better everyday. Hang out here and read some posts from other newcomers as well as long time recovery people. Lots of great info, strength and hope here.
Stay sober, choose recovery everyday.
Old 05-29-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.