Notices

Hospitalised last night. I am broken.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hospitalised last night. I am broken.

I drank last night. I drank and I woke up in hospital. My family and friend had to come in. I was told I was one drink away from ICU. I am so ill and broken. I don't know what to do. I feel so unworthy of anything, I don't understand how my family and friends put up with me.
I hope some day I will be okay. Anyone thinking of a drink I promise you it's not worth it
Old 05-28-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Kelly, you are worthy. You are worthy of good things and better days. Sometimes it takes us something pretty big to realize that we need to find a way onto that path.

Someday you will be ok and it will be with the help and support of family and friends. There's so much support here and people who care. I care.

Right now I know that you're feeling hopeless but look at your last line. There is hope as long as you keep that in mind. Is there any idea of a plan for you?

SR is always here. Sending you a HUGE virtual hug. You can turn this around and live the life you deserve. You know you can.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe now is the time for you. Go and get whatever help you need so that this never happens again. There is a joyful and happy life waiting for you. Get rid of the booze once and for all. You can do it, Kelly.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Know you will have us every step of the way through early recovery
Old 05-28-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the day after my last drunk i THOUGHT i was a hopeless,helpless,useless, worthless POS.
thats when i entered aa.
it took quite some time for me to stop FEELING that way about myself, but by working the program i was able to look in the mirror, tell myself i love me, mean it, and show it with my actions.

kelly, it will be okay some day IF you want it to and get into action using the tools people here suggest and/or use.

it wasnt easy for me opening up in aa,too(you mentioned that in a previous thread). but i wasnt gonna get help without getting courage and doing it.

youre worth the help,kelly
Old 05-28-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly,

I am glad you are ok, even though you may not feel ok right now. There is lots of support on here, you can do this. I hope the hospital works with you to come up with a plan before you leave there. I am glad you have friends and family you can count on.

Sending virtual hugs.

❤️ Delilah
Old 05-28-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been there. I'm glad you're ok. I hope they were able to help you so today isn't as bad as it could be, at least physically.

I had to realize that I'm the only one that can lead me in the right direction. I can't hope for it, I have to do it.

Stay sober no matter what. Hang in there.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good to hear that you are ok.

Don't feel like you aren't worth it. To yourself and the people around you that truly care, you are.

Get well soon.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I do want a drink. I want so much to go buy drink. I know I can't, there's no logic but it's all I want. I am so embarrassed of my behaviour... I don't know what I did last night. I went to a hotel apparently and woke up attached to IV's. I have personal items that aren't mine and I don't know how I got them. I cannot believe this is reality.

I'm so desperate for a drink.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Rar

Are you still in the hospital, Kelly? If so, perhaps there's an in-house counselor you can chat with. If not, is there a way you can get to a meeting? If you're feeling too sick to go to a meeting, perhaps tomorrow. Meanwhile, stay close to SR and read and post. We're here for you.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kelly, can you stay inpatient for a while? Get properly detoxed and stay in rehab?

Please, now is the time. We can and do recover. Give yourself this opportunity.

Love from Lenina
Old 05-28-2016, 01:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm at home now, not in the hospital. Thank you all. I don't feel so alone now but I'm hurting so much.

Also, so sorry for oversharing, but I have no person to talk to. I don't know what happened last night and it's so painful using the bathroom. That's not normal, is it?
Old 05-28-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lenina, I have done rehab twice and drank after. I feel so hopeless. A third time isn't realistic for me.

I can go weeks without drinking and live a 'normal' life other than this. People would be shocked if they knew my reality. On paper, I have so many blessings.

I just don't know what to do, I feel I've exhausted all avenues. I'm running out of options here.

Thank you all for reading.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kelly12390 View Post
I'm at home now, not in the hospital. Thank you all. I don't feel so alone now but I'm hurting so much.

Also, so sorry for oversharing, but I have no person to talk to. I don't know what happened last night and it's so painful using the bathroom. That's not normal, is it?
Kelly, did you share this when in the hospital? If not, go back and have them check you. Did you go to the hotel with someone?
Old 05-28-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've been right in that same spot. Woke up new years day this year in the hospital and no idea how I got there.

Like you said its not worth it.

I drank last night. I drank and I woke up in hospital. My family and friend had to come in. I was told I was one drink away from ICU. I am so ill and broken. I don't know what to do. I feel so unworthy of anything, I don't understand how my family and friends put up with me.
I hope some day I will be okay. Anyone thinking of a drink I promise you it's not worth it
Old 05-28-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i know a woman that went to detox 5 times and rehab 7.
when she died she was 9 years sober.

you havent ran out of options,kelly. you can go back to rehab, go to aa, check out the other recovery methods.
you have a LOT of options, but sittin in self pity isnt a good option for ya.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

you didn't overshare.

also; you are alive.

so now you have a chance to change your life for the better.

C'mon.... grab sobriety!!!

Old 05-28-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Kelly, call your ob/gyn and get checked out on Monday....unless you're in the US. Then it will be Tuesday. If the pain gets severe go to the ER again.

Kelly, pls don't drink. Eat, watch tv, take a bath, go to bed.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending you a hug Kelly

Don't quit quitting--you will get there, just keep trying.
You are worth it
Old 05-28-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Rar

Don't ever feel you over shared. We're here for you. Hugs.