Notices

Suboxone addiction

Old 05-22-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone addiction

My husband can't get off this suboxone to save his life for years he promises to taper down and doesn't he takes at least a half of an 8 mg strip a day it feels hopeless I get aggravated I can tell when he takes too much he acts euphoric and buzzed he gets 20 a month and always runs out then he is always trying to get more til his next 200 dollar appt so aggravating ! He actually told me I make him take more because he has deal with living with me our relationship is more like mother son than anything with me having to constantly watch and make sure he isn't spending too much or taking to much it really sucks
Old 05-24-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweettart1230 View Post
My husband can't get off this suboxone to save his life for years he promises to taper down and doesn't he takes at least a half of an 8 mg strip a day it feels hopeless I get aggravated I can tell when he takes too much he acts euphoric and buzzed he gets 20 a month and always runs out then he is always trying to get more til his next 200 dollar appt so aggravating ! He actually told me I make him take more because he has deal with living with me our relationship is more like mother son than anything with me having to constantly watch and make sure he isn't spending too much or taking to much it really sucks
Yep I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I'm my husbands mother, always watching over him and questioning his behavior. I didn't know he was taking suboxone until about 8 months ago. I believe he's been taking for years. I have questioned his behavior for many years. I know there were many times that he seemed off and I now think it's because he was taking too much of the suboxone and probably other meds. Don't let him make you feel that it's you who makes him take more. It's not your fault or problem for that matter. My husband and I are currently separated because I'm done with the lies and money he's spending every month on his addictions. We have two small children so it's hard but at least I don't have to be subjected to his lies day in and day out.