Narcissist/Alcoholic Translation Services

Old 05-17-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Narcissist/Alcoholic Translation Services

I am going insane remembering my last dysfunctional interaction today (I would not call it a "relationship") so in order to mantain my sanity here are some words by the Narc/Alkie and my translation of what was really going on:

You are a free soul! (making it sound as if it was a defect)
Damn, it won't be so easy for me to manipulate you.

I treated you a certain way, and it seems you did not value that.
I normally treat people like crap, you should be grateful for my "gentleman act". I was certain I had fooled you, I need to improve my acting skills for my next target. How could you refuse not to be manipulated?

Forgive me if I never answer to you if you text or call me in the future.

As you were the one who mentioned it was better not to reach out to each other first due to my abusive behavior (because I was giving you the silent treatment and seeing if you would go for another merry-go-round of idealization, devaluation and discard), I need to act as if you are the crazy one in order to maintain my delusion of perfection.

Feel free to add your own translations...
Old 05-17-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This sounds like what Tina Swithin does in her blog about dealing with an alcoholic narcissist.

The translations sound right on!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I punched Idealization, DeValuation and Discard.

Very interesting reading and as always knowledge is power.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Question

Originally Posted by TakingCharge999 View Post
I am going insane remembering my last dysfunctional interaction today (I would not call it a "relationship") so in order to mantain my sanity here are some words by the Narc/Alkie and my translation of what was really going on:

You are a free soul! (making it sound as if it was a defect)
Damn, it won't be so easy for me to manipulate you.

I treated you a certain way, and it seems you did not value that.
I normally treat people like crap, you should be grateful for my "gentleman act". I was certain I had fooled you, I need to improve my acting skills for my next target. How could you refuse not to be manipulated?

Forgive me if I never answer to you if you text or call me in the future.

As you were the one who mentioned it was better not to reach out to each other first due to my abusive behavior (because I was giving you the silent treatment and seeing if you would go for another merry-go-round of idealization, devaluation and discard), I need to act as if you are the crazy one in order to maintain my delusion of perfection.

Feel free to add your own translations...
The ambiguity of language, not to mention emotion, can make for many interpretations.
I find "perfection" an exceedingly difficult concept from both a secular and metaphysical position.
Free soul~~~~~tuned into the complexities of the Universe??
Old 05-17-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh how I love the narc alcoholic decoder. It's amazing when you see through all the BS.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"I don't feel like you're being very supportive."

If I can't be bothered to look for a job, you, of all people, should understand that drinking beer takes top priority in my life.

"I was going to do that."

I know the only thing you asked of me was that the dishes were done so that you could start fixing supper as soon as you got home. But doing dishes is women's work, and you can't really make me do them. You'll just fix yourself a sandwich for supper, and then I can complain you never cook.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

"I gave you the best in me"

which I later understood to mean "I treated the others much worse, I didnīt get to become physically abusive with you because you slipped out of my hands"

At the moment, I replied with "if this was your best, what would be your worst?" and was only met with silence.

Another one:
"Sometimes I like to be gallant to other women but thatīs just because itīs in my nature. Every male needs to flaunt his feathers once in a while, like a peacock, but it doesnīt mean anything, you have to trust me"

Which sounded really suspicious. Was he preparing me not to complain when he would cheat on me? When I told him "Oh you have to trust me too" he looked at me as if I told him I had come from outer space. Never crossed his mind I would want to "flaunt my feathers" too.