A year later

Old 05-16-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A year later

I cannot believe it's been exactly a year since I moved out. Today I am wondering where did I find all that strength, because it sometimes seems superhuman, moving everything alone, including pets, thinking of work deadlines, and walking in a minefield of my ex's undermining and emotional and verbal abuse. I guess that adrenaline is not such a bad thing when you really need it.

Funny thing, and this is something I noticed recently, I am not thinking of our joint dates, anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays anymore. These are now replaced with the date of our last argument, my move out date, and our divorce anniversary. I really needed that one year to start breathing again and start living on my own. And no, I do not feel ready for another relationship. I am very greedy when it comes to my time and personal space.

The greatest thing of all is that I am making friends, AGAIN! My very own friends and acquaintances, exchanging phone numbers, chatting to neighbors, adding new Facebook friends who are actually real-life people I met during the past year.

And no drama. Nothing.

Just eating what I want, when I want, enjoying living in my nice little clean den with my awesome dog buddy. In the evenings, we watch shows together and share snacks. In the afternoons, we take naps. Since I get up rather early, the afternoon naps are the best energy booster. Yes, my dog taught me this.

Even my Amazon shopping obsession is gone because I am happy with everything I have!

And I do not even have anything to complain about. So, how cool is that?

Just wanted to share this. I just feel great.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big, big congrats to you Healthyagain! What a difference a year can make.

Thanks so much for posting this; it makes me happy to read it.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Healthyagain.....I hope that everyone who is filled with despair and hopelessness, right now, reads this post!!

I want them to see that it is possible to change their life if they bel ieve in themselves and don't give up.
You are an example of what I have learned, also---that no matter how fearful we are.....that our courage will show up at just the minute that we need it.....
We have the ability the whole time (hibernating)...and, like Magic---it arrives at the second that we need it....
Healthyagain....lol....you call it "adrenalin".......and, I call it faith.....

Healthyagain, I am so happy and proud of you!

dandylion
Old 05-17-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Big congrats!!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

HA-awesome post, friend. This makes me so happy! You are doing great and are in such a better place-amazing how peaceful like can be without an alcoholic at home, isn't it.

Just, awesome post!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What an AWESOME update to read this morning. You have come SO far to live up to your posting name here, healthyagain.

I am SO happy for you!!!!

Old 05-17-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doing a happy dance with you right now....this post has me ginning ear to ear - SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy 1 year celebration of YOU!!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So happy for you and thank you for sharing. I hope to be able to write the same thing for myself a year from now.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is so awesome to read, and I'm so very happy for you! And I too learned the art of afternoon naps from my dog.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

HA,
Sending hugs to you!! This truly shows there is happiness after life with an A.