He's quitting THIS weekend...so he says

Old 09-24-2004, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He's quitting THIS weekend...so he says

Well thought I would post the happenings in my life...lol...anyway my AH is going to quit drinking this weekend. Freaks me out kinda, mainly because I don't have any faith that he will quit. See he is gonna start being a stay at home dad to our son and his daughter who is mentally ******** on monday. She is on a new DD Waiver program through our state that will pay us to take care of her. We will be making more money monthly than his job, plus the savings from daycare for both kids cuz even though she is 18 she has to have day care, and he swears that knowing that he HAS to be accountable during the day to meet her needs and also that he quit his job he just knows he will succeed. I swear I hope he can, but I am so nervous cuz I am almost positive he can't do this without rehab first. He has said that if he feels he can't do it this way, he will go to rehab. He told me last night that he knows he will not drink during the day and that as of sunday we will not have any whisky in the house, he will make sure its gone by drinking whats left I am sure. I told him that he will be detoxing for at least 7-10 days and is he sure he can handle the kids, etc during this time and his response was that if he gets the shakes or anything worse then monday night AFTER I get home and can be in charge he will just get a half pint. I was so mad. I am thinking to myself, well he has already found an out, a way to drink. He is gonna be treating the stay at home part like a job, and I agree to a point, and should be off at work at 6:00pm. But I feel like he should quit altogether and not even give himself the option of a half pint, thats defeating the purpose. I told him that I would try it though since I have nothing else to loose anyway. I told him if he can't stay sober during the day while he is responsible for the children then he will have to leave for good. This is his last chance, he screws this up and I am gone. He says he can't screw this up, won't screw this up cuz its all he has left. I hope like hell I can believe him. I am basically sitting back and watching to see what happens. Any advice on detoxing would help....thanks for letting me blow off steam
Old 09-24-2004, 02:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI! Well, I wish you and him all the luck in the world. There is always hope, and maybe he will do it this time. Hang in there!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
brightlight

I hope he can. sm

Mine is quitting today or cutting down. We went on a trip for almost two weeks and we got in a big fight at his brother's house when both went out drinking. Got home and barely out of the truck and across the street he went. He wants to move to another state where his mother and other family members live and I told him NO WAY will I move as long as he drinks. He is safe across the street at this little watering hole. He does not have to drive and there are no women. He said he will have to quit and all that. We are also going to be short of money for two weeks. He better not drink. Going to be very interesting. He only drank twice for 12 days because of the trip, but one day back and he drank. No idea about detox. I think mine can go one day without drinking, but on the third day he really has to have a drink. Good luck.