Notices

Rehab ?

Old 05-15-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rehab ?

I ended up going out and drinking last night I only drink like once or twice a week when I do, but I usually overindulge. I'm just wondering if rehab is an option for someone like me who's not an everyday drinker, cuz it's crossed my mind. Has anyone had a similar experience and gone to rehab with the same type of situation that I have going on ?
Old 05-15-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes. I recently spent 2 weeks at rehab because of a relapse following a relatively long stretch of sobriety. I wasn't an everyday drinker during the relapse but tended to binge very badly 1-2 times a week. Rehab helped break that nasty cycle so it was very worthwhile for me. I totally failed to stop trying other things. It was also good to start addressing other issues. I am very glad that I went and did not let the drinking progress further, no doubt it would have.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Rehab can be for anyone who feels they have a problem with alcohol. There's outptient, inpatient and lots of variations on each. If you feel you cannot stop or stay stopped on your own its worth considering for sure.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi
You may find detox a better option. Your usually in for a week then if you dont feel ready they could send you to rehab xx
Old 05-15-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound a lot like me. I, personally, do not believe you need in-patient treatment based on your criteria (though that varies by person). I suggest an IOP (intensive out-patient), which allows you to continue work if you are employed, and also allows you to still live at home. Depending which country you are in (I'm in the states), it can be expensive, about as much as a traditional rehab, but from what I've been told, they both work about the same. Frankly, since I'm guessing you DON'T need detox (not drinking enough for physical dependency IMO, because you are replicating me), most would suggest IOP. I recommend it.