my prayers were answered. i think

Old 05-15-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my prayers were answered. i think

It's that old saying be careful what you ask for. I prayed and prayed begged and pleaded for my husband to go and seek help it became a big event here one night and he ended up incarcerated everybody's fine no one's hurt maybe just his pride but it woke him up and today is his second day at an AA meeting.
We're in our early fifties we've been together 5 years and married almost 2. Today I have more hope and pride in my husband that I think I've ever had it's hard a lot of mood swings and of course his mood swings affect my day and my mood how do I start for myself where do I go from here to be a better person for myself and 2 understand more of what he's going through
Old 05-16-2016, 02:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum, Ohdear.

I've found there to be plenty of helpful information (check out the sticky topics, etc., too) and supportive and knowledgeable people right here at this site.

If you're comfortable with looking into NarAnon, here's a link that gives information: Nar-Anon Family Groups
Old 05-19-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello and welcome. it's wonderful that your husband has taken some steps to address his drinking.....hopefully that was his wake up call. however do not be surprised if he doesn't stick with it for long.....he may go a week or a month and then fizzle out. i don't say that to rain on your parade, only so you can be ready for anything. two days sober or two AA meetings doesn't really equate with life long sobriety just yet.

be proud, but be sensible. read up on alcoholism and how it affects the entire family. and think a bit about what your next steps would be if he stopped meetings and/or started drinking again.

i really hope he GOES for broke and never looks back!
Old 05-19-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Maybe check out al-anon meetings in your area. Al-anon is for families and friends of alcoholics and problem drinkers.