Notices

Day 3 down. First Friday sober since 2005.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 down. First Friday sober since 2005.

Hello Everyone,
I've made it to day 4 (I can't believe it). Last night was not bad. Yesterday morning my girlfriend and I dropped my son off at school then went out and had a nice breakfast then went to a couple stores. I was feeling good. A bit cloudy, but not bad.
When we got home and we were done putting the food in the fridge, pantry, etc I got really anxious so I just cleaned and tried to stay busy. We ate dinner and watched Kung Fu Panda 3, Captain America, and a bunch of episodes of Naked and Afraid (they LOVE that show. I don't get it) but It was a very peaceful day. My cravings are not bad. It's just very weird not having it.

Withdrawal symptoms are still: insomnia, anxiety, and some cloudiness. I haven't been able to hold a spoon to my mouth without visibly shaking in years and my shaking has almost totally disappeared. This is very big for me. The shaking was so embarrassing.

Again thanks everybody.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

That's great news!!!!

You did what you had to do to ride the wave of craving and got past it. It gets easier too Jimmy, it really does.

Keep on doing exactly what you're doing and that weird feeling of not having it will dissipate. It will become more normal. It's replaced by peace.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's awesome Jimmy. The anxiety will lessen...for me it generally takes about 2 weeks...although this time it was less than that. I do the same thing....clean the heck outta everything when I'm nervous. Nothing wrong with that.

Keep up the great work. You won't regret it.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome job Jimmy
Old 05-14-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimmy10k View Post
Hello Everyone,
I've made it to day 4 (I can't believe it). Last night was not bad. Yesterday morning my girlfriend and I dropped my son off at school then went out and had a nice breakfast then went to a couple stores. I was feeling good. A bit cloudy, but not bad.
When we got home and we were done putting the food in the fridge, pantry, etc I got really anxious so I just cleaned and tried to stay busy. We ate dinner and watched Kung Fu Panda 3, Captain America, and a bunch of episodes of Naked and Afraid (they LOVE that show. I don't get it) but It was a very peaceful day. My cravings are not bad. It's just very weird not having it.

Withdrawal symptoms are still: insomnia, anxiety, and some cloudiness. I haven't been able to hold a spoon to my mouth without visibly shaking in years and my shaking has almost totally disappeared. This is very big for me. The shaking was so embarrassing.

Again thanks everybody.
Very well done. It is amazing how alcohol tricks us into thinking we could never survive or manage without it.....until we try. Day 5 here....let's rock this !
Old 05-14-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job! Anxiety and insomnia always drive me crazy but I have learned to be honest with my doctors and then I can receive the help that I need and then I don't need to suffer more than necessary.

Cleaning is always a great go to when I have anxiety or have any type of craving. It keeps you busy and plus you get a super clean house in the meantime anyway. Win win.

Keep pushing forward, it will get easier and better the longer you work at it. YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome job!!!!! Keep going man! It only gets better as the days sober stack up!! Keep it up!!
Old 05-14-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on four days sober! Stay sober and it will get better.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job Jimmy! Congratulations!
Old 05-14-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

seriously great achievement Jimmy

D