Notices

Sober Friday's

Old 05-13-2016, 03:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sober Friday's

Hello everyone I know everyday sober is a true blessing but can I ask if it applies why do you love sober friday's

I love sober friday's as its the towards the end of the week & I can really relax sober on a friday evening knowing the weekend is ahead I seriously love sober friday's

if your not there yet don't worry you soon will be & it's awesome

Why do you love sober friday's ?
Old 05-13-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love sober Fridays because the whole weekend stretches ahead in all of its promise. Saturdays are generally a relaxing morning at my favorite local coffee shop, and maybe popping over to the farmer's market to grab some produce and people-watch. As a special treat that I don't get during the week, I try to get a big outdoor activity in if the weather permits: kayaking, fishing, a long hike, etc. This weekend it's house sitting and visiting my favorite spice and tea shop. Weekend!!!!
Old 05-13-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Simple -- Serenity

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post

why do you love sober friday's
I enjoy a nice long (usually) do what I wish kind of day on my sober Fridays.
There's freedom in that today because I'm not tied to the bottle.
Then a sober Friday night movie at home with the wife.
We kind of keep it simple here.
No drama today -- that is for sure.
MB
Old 05-13-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi soberwolf!

I love sober Friday's because it used to be a guaranteed drinking night, where anything could happen......and by that I mean, I may rage at my husband (screaming and sobbing, so unattractive!), might phone a friend and say stupid and embarrassing things, could have a conversation with a family member and be told something important and totally forget, likely blackout and wake up on Saturday sick and full of dread to find out just what I got up to the night before. (and then waste the day on the couch, filled with shame and remorse, swearing - never again - knowing full well it was a given to happen again)

Now sober Friday's are an evening to treat myself well, have a delicious dinner, watch a good movie, chat with a loved one and anticipate the whole weekend full of fantastic possibilities. I garden, shop, visit, scrapbook, read, write and really just anything I can think of because nothing is holding me back!

Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Because I can wake up Saturday morning refreshed. I will know I didn't do anything to harm myself or anyone else. I will be able to do yoga, garden, walk along the river. I can take my daughter anywhere she wants (she is with her Dad Friday nights and comes back to me Saturday afternoon) and not have to worry about feeling like poop. I will see people walking their dogs, riding their bikes, gardening and just being and not feel like "Man, what's it like to be human?". I will feel human.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really excellent replies thanks guys
Old 05-13-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday guys ☺

I love my sober Fridays...they usually include a run after work and then relaxing at home after a busy week. I never thought I would have that 'Friday feeling' without alcohol...but I do 🎉🎉🎉 x
Old 05-13-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome Nova x
Old 05-13-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I love them because they are no longer the beginning of a nightmarish 3-day binge. Friday was meant to be fun & relaxing - but I turned it into danger & despair. I'll never get over the joy of being freed from that miserable life. (I agree with Nova - never thought I'd have that 'Friday' feeling without drinking.)

Love you, Wolfie.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sober Friday means I can look forward to a nice weekend with my husband doing whatever and don't have to plan things around drinking or not go out and enjoy the weather or day because I need to be able to drink or I feel so sick that I don't want to do anything. I look forward to a peaceful weekend where I can do anything without that fear.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It used to be the start of a couple of bad days now it is the opposite. Saturday morning wake-up.......Priceless.

Jimmy
Old 05-13-2016, 06:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes! Saturday morning wake up!!! That alone is worth the quiet Friday night.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

To be perfectly honest, I do not love sober Fridays, but I do love sober Saturday mornings. I am early in recovery, and I'm sure I will grow an appreciation for both.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Excellent question, SW. I think I've been taking my Fridays for granted and I'm reminded here how special and awesome sober Fridays are. I second everything everyone has said above. Even on my lowest days, I'm just so much better and happier than any Friday when I drank.

Happy sober Friday, everyone!

Delfin
Old 05-14-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm still working out what I'm supposed to do with all this extra time!

I'll solve that in time. Saturday Mornings without a hangover are the THE BEST!
Old 05-14-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fridays are special. They signify the beginning of the WEEKEND!

While still drinking was a big drinking night followed by sleeping late on Saturday, to be followed by Sat night drinking and sleeping in on Sundays.....and repeat on Sunday to drag my tired butt out of bed on Mondays, swearing to quit drinking and change life....to be forgotten by Friday..... and repeat...

NOW.....Fridays are a pleasure, if nice evening, dogs and I go for a long walk in the forest preserve. Nothing like 3 happy dogs to push work stress right out of the mind....if not nice weather, then maybe some yoga or meditation. Followed by a nice dinner, and maybe a movie on Netflix. Or a good book.
Saturday morning, eager to get out of bed to start the day. No headache, not tired.....NICE!!!

It took some time for my body and mind to adjust. In the beginning of this sober journey, I needed some sort of reward for Fridays .....I would buy myself a small treat, just to make it a special evening, but as time goes on feeling good and being relaxed and happy is self-rewarding!