Notices

Guys dont do it, (actual police report)

Old 05-12-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Guys dont do it, (actual police report)

I dont want anyone to ever be like me. I am a success story gone wrong.Man I really had sobriety that last time.

I had it 2 whole months. One night I ended up in jail.

All you thinkers you beliveres who think "oh nothing can hurt me" I swore to God I would not have over two. I will learn if I lose my job tomoro. plus i owe 90 dollars in fines.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say hello and sorry for your troubles. I've been there. But working like hell to get my life back. Only on day 2 myself. Hang in there.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for whatever happened.

I really hope you can make this your turning point BBE. It's never too late

D
Old 05-12-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Is this enough to be your "bottom"?
I know a girl who got a DUI last week and was out getting pretty already on Saturday night. I was so shocked to learn that!
Old 05-12-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear this blueeyes. Did something happen after the weekend with your daughter or is this the result of something in the past?
Old 05-12-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it, BBE. Hope you can turn it around right now by choosing and sticking to sobriety. We're here to cheer you on!

Delfin
Old 05-12-2016, 10:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your bk
Old 05-12-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

try $600 fine like i got for walking around drunk. I didn't go to jail though
Old 05-13-2016, 02:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

$90 and you're alive and didn't kill anyone?

Sounds like you got off easy.

I hope it's enough to grab your attention and take action.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Yes, you got off very easy. Learn from this. It's not the worst that could happen. Take this away with you, if you think it's rock bottom, bottoms have bottoms themselves. I found that out last week. I am in a world of crap far worse. What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now.

Learn from this and never forget, there's always worse out there.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I guess I need to explain. I am on medication (and have been for a while) and it is the worst thing to mix other medications with. I have also been using sleeping pills so I can go to bed without alcohol.

Someone asked me to come get them saying they were stranded and I went after mixing my medication. I walked one block and an officer was right there while I was walking down the street. He had me before I even saw him. Asked me what I was doing out this late alone, I said I was getting a friend from a bar and he said I was "slurring".

Cuffed me, took me to their local jail and called my mom. Wrote me a ticket and said I can fight it in front of the judge. I had been up all night and been yelled at by my parents so I was really out of it when I wrote the above. 2nd time in jail. No sleep. My apologies for the above rant.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBlue0527 View Post
Yes, you got off very easy. Learn from this. It's not the worst that could happen. Take this away with you, if you think it's rock bottom, bottoms have bottoms themselves. I found that out last week. I am in a world of crap far worse. What I wouldn't give to be in your shoes right now.

Learn from this and never forget, there's always worse out there.
Hope all is ok.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by behindblueyes View Post
I guess I need to explain. I am on medication (and have been for a while) and it is the worst thing to mix other medications with. I have also been using sleeping pills so I can go to bed without alcohol.

Someone asked me to come get them saying they were stranded and I went after mixing my medication. I walked one block and an officer was right there while I was walking down the street. He had me before I even saw him. Asked me what I was doing out this late alone, I said I was getting a friend from a bar and he said I was "slurring".

Cuffed me, took me to their local jail and called my mom. Wrote me a ticket and said I can fight it in front of the judge. I had been up all night and been yelled at by my parents so I was really out of it when I wrote the above. 2nd time in jail. No sleep. My apologies for the above rant.
I'm confused. So you got a drunk in public ticket or was it due to mixing medications?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I'm confused. So you got a drunk in public ticket or was it due to mixing medications?
In my state, "public intoxication" charges can be filed even due to prescription drugs that make you drowsy or slur. I will be fighting it in court as there was no breathalyzer taken and I could win with a good lawyer
Old 05-15-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I would definitely fight it. Particularly if they were prescribed.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by behindblueyes View Post

Maybe it is time to ask yourself how well your recovery is going when you are taking a medicine that you have stated should not be mixed with other medications yet you are mixing it with other medications. Now, I don't know your medical history or even the whole situation, I am just pointing out that unless you are following doctors orders with mixing the medicines then you are still exhibiting unhealthy addict behavior. I only point this out because in the past I have told myself "Oh I am not using heroin so I am clean" yet I was taking way more then prescribed of other medicines I had been given and running out early at the end of the month, or taking 2 to sleep better that night, etc. I had to step back and really evaluate my behavior and then adjust myself before I ended up ruining all the hard work I had done.

If your doctor told you to mix those medicines and you were taking them as prescribed then ignore my comment and your doctor will be able to most likely give you documentation to help get the case dismissed.

Regardless, I am sorry that you are at a low point right now. I know what it is like to be trying so hard and then something out of the blue just knocks you off your feet. Continue to fight for your recovery and never give up on yourself, you are worth it!