Notices

Day 4...

Old 05-07-2016, 07:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4...

Yesterday at work during a business call with my boss I started shaking like a leaf and couldn't even write because my hand wasn't working. My heart was racing. I wanted to run out. I'm not sure he noticed but I was in all out panic form. I finally hit up my friend who is a doctor who gave me Xanax and said I have been insane trying to do this without medication. After I took it, I finally slept, took some thi morning and feel better than I have before my binge. Newcomers going thru withdraw please don't do what I did. I was a mess. Im not a daily drinker. I am successful huge athlete but binge like a crazy insane person when I think I can "reward" myself. I never felt as bad as I did this time. Enough to scare my ********. But.. I'm on day 4. Day 5 will be better. Just looking forward and looking forward to my new non chaotic life. Thanks for listening.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Re-Member

It's wise for all of us to get a doctor's help. Alcohol withdrawals are serious business.

Congrats on day 4! Stick close. Build up a good support system here.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be very careful trying to taper and withdraw on your own with out supervision. The Xanax is helpful but it can also lead to addiction or some folks end up relapsing while on the Xanax which can be very very dangerous.
Best bet is medically supervised withdrawal and then addiction support in whatever form works for you.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you made it through day 4 without drinking. It really should be getting noticeably better soon. Like the other posters I would also recommend you see your physician and let him/her know about your recovery effort. When I told my physician I was an alcoholic in recovery he was very helpful. My physician ran a battery of tests that were appropriate for an alcoholic in recovery. My liver enzymes were off the charts at the time but everything else was OK. I was very fortunate in that my liver recovered fairly quickly. I'm really glad I told him what was going on.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing really well