Notices

Back to work today

Old 05-05-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to work today

I'm nervous, going back in after my five day bender and blowing off work for three days. I hope not a lot of questions are asked and I can move forward!

Pray for me. Putting the pieces all back together. I'm so scared!
Old 05-05-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

You can do it! This was me on Monday. I made it through and so will you.

Bug
Old 05-05-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Reply to bug

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
You can do it! This was me on Monday. I made it through and so will you.

Bug
Thanks Bug! I sure after the first hour I'll be ok, just that initial walk in. Just hope people act like nothing happened! Glad you got thru it too!
Old 05-05-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleglam View Post
Thanks Bug! I sure after the first hour I'll be ok, just that initial walk in. Just hope people act like nothing happened! Glad you got thru it too!
They might not act how you want but you still have to deal with your actions. Keep your head up and go. You will get through this.

What is your plan now?
Old 05-05-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wishing you the best today. Good news is you never have to go through this particular stress again as long as you don't drink.

Let us know how it goes please.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Work is ok! My boss was cool (though I lied and said I had a family issue). I think he let this slide but can't do it again. Thanks guys... Anxiety still a bit high but hoping after another day I'll be able to sleep well and kick this diseases butt!!
Old 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you luck
Old 05-05-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well anxiety kicked in started freaking out at the end of day. I hope that goes away by tomorrow that was crazy.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
They might not act how you want but you still have to deal with your actions. Keep your head up and go. You will get through this.

What is your plan now?
I have to go see a therapist and work on my panic disorder because it's what triggers the binges and a horrid cycle. And of course stay sober. I don't EVER want to go thru this again. I was ok today until the afternoon then freaked out.. Shaking, heart racing.. Just glad to be home and in my "safe place". I hope tomorrow is not as bad. Thanks for checking in
Old 05-05-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by Purpleglam View Post
I have to go see a therapist and work on my panic disorder because it's what triggers the binges and a horrid cycle. And of course stay sober. I don't EVER want to go thru this again. I was ok today until the afternoon then freaked out.. Shaking, heart racing.. Just glad to be home and in my "safe place". I hope tomorrow is not as bad. Thanks for checking in
Tomorrow will be better. One day at a time.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello:

I mention a plan because it has really helped me. What to do with cravings, how to handle situations, what tools are there... Etc. If you do a search you will find lots of info about it.

Glad you find this place. Rely on us for support. Someone is always here.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm happy you got through your first day back at work. Maybe it would help to write how you felt before you went to work, how you felt while you were at work, and what you feel for the rest of the week.

This time worked out, but what if next time your boss doesn't let you slide? Also, if you have a panic disorder then it will only continue to get worse if you keep drinking. A counselor can help you learn different ways to conquer the anxiety and a psychiatrist can help you with medications. Make sure to be honest about your addiction though, this way the doctor knows what kind of medicines are safe and not too much of a risk

You never have to feel this way again. In the beginning I used to remind myself that over and over again on days when I was not feeling well.